For the record, I'm referring to a setup which is described in a blog
posting which can be found at
https://www.axivo.com/community/threads/lightning-fast-synch-with-csync2-and-lsyncd.121/
<https://www.axivo.com/community/threads/lightning-fast-synch-with-csync2-and-lsyncd.121/>
.

> The thing is: it seems to work well, but it actually isn't.
> Lsyncd is good software, doing what I did with csync2id.pl (see
> contrib). But if you are lagging, your inotify queue will be
> overun.

As far as I have understood the setup which I have in place, the actual
events generated by inotify should not be of any great significance.  That
is; Lsyncd will batch together events for every second or so and invoke
csync2 -x on every "batch bundle". In other words, csync2  does not get
invoked on every event - and 1000 events would not be  any different from 1
event. The result will just be that csync2 -x  gets invoked and scans the
configured directories for changes.

This, according to the blog post, is just as efficient as invoking  csync2
on individual files.

So; this makes me wonder even more why a manual run of csync2 -x would
result in dirty files being found when an "automatic" run og csync2 -x
does not.