On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 01:31:58PM +0200, Nikola Garafolić wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use csync2 to sync files between three hosts, and problem is
> currently files with unique filenames, e.g. files with timestamps in
> names. They will never get more than one copy in backup directory
> (e.g. /var/lib/csync2). and they only waste space.
> Is there any way to blacklist file names from backup directory? Can
> I do anything within csync2 or do I need to manually remove/delete
> them?

Whether or not to backup is per group.

Define one group without backup, maybe call it "no-backup",
including only those that don't need backup, excluding eveything else.

In the other groups, those that enable backup,
exclude all files that don't need backup,
they are covered by the other ("no-backup") group.

--
: Lars Ellenberg