As to #1: csync2 does not integrate inotify, but you can connect it with
lsyncd to do that (substituting csync2 instead of rsync). I have written a
Puppet module that sets this up automatically that I plan on publishing
once I can polish it a bit more. If it would be helpful to you, let me
know and I can push my rough version up to GitHub early.