> this question is best discussed in a debian forum, as it is not really
> specific to csync2.

Apologies, wasn’t looking for lessons on debian, was more hoping that there was
something like a pkg or dmg file I could download and install … :)

> which debian version do you have?
> cat /etc/debian_version

8.1 (jessie, I believe)

> and which sources do you have configured?
> cat /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*

I found instructions for this online, setup all the preferences.d and
sources.list.d files …

> testing is a newer version of debian than the one you likely have installed.
> in
> general mixing from different versions of debian is not recommended.
>
> if your debian version is current (jessie) then you can try to install from
> testing, but you need to be careful to make sure you do not upgrade the whole
> system. if you are new to debian, i would strongly advise against that.
>
> if you want to try anyways, the process involves adding testing to your
> sources.list
> but you also need to set the priority to prevent everything from being
> upgraded.
> (elsewhere in /etc/apt/)
>
> instead, either build from source or find instructions to backport the
> version.

Will go the ‘build from source’ route … I had to do that on FreeBSD because
they only have 1.x in ports too … no biggie, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t
overlooking something before I did that …

Thanks …