On 2016-05-02 11:00, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 07:05:30PM -0400, a...@gluu.org wrote:
Greetings.

I'm a novice user of csync2, and just have built my first test
cluster with it. However, I've encountered issue I haven't been able
to find solution for yet. I installed csync2 using this package:
http://oss.linbit.com/csync2/csync2-2.0.tar.gz I have quite a simple
cluster setup of 2 nodes which try to replicate 1 directory with 1
file in it. Here is a sample config file:

Most likely, this is again inetd mixing stderr of csync2 into stdout,
thereby "corrupting" the csync2 protocol.

add "-l" to the inetd invocation.
as in
/etc/inetd.conf:
-csync2 stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/csync2 csync2 -i +csync2 stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/csync2 csync2 -i -l

or add up to two -v (the third -v will break protocol again,
when run from inetd, see below).

currently csync2 defaults to using syslog when run from inetd
when "-v" is present only.

I'll try to push a workaround for defaulting to syslog when run from inetd,
disregarding the debug level.

But csync2 still uses stderr (or even stdout!) directly in some cases.
This optional "debug" logging of csync2 is badly grown
$swearword_of_choice; actually fixing that might take some time.

Thank you, Lars, that workaround did it!

Just in case you may need it, here is a full log of one of my previous failed sync attempts: http://pastebin.com/3Vy00P5J

With best regards,
Alex.