For those of you guys who are experiencing this issue: I noticed tonight, after this happened yet again, that one of my files was owned by UID 1012 on node3. The problem is that that uid does not exist on node3. That uid DOES exist on node1, and was the affected user. So when csync2 copied this file from node1 to node3, it copied the UID as well, and since that UID doesn't exist on node3, the user on node3 did not have permission to access the file.

In other words:

"user" on node1 has a UID of 1012
"user" on node3 has a UID of 1007
"user" updated a file on node1. When that file was copied to node3, the UID of the owner and group was 1012 instead of 1007. This meant that "user" could not access the file on node3.

I really hope this can be resolved soon, as it's causing a ton of grief for us.

Kevin Cackler wrote:

In my case all of my synced nodes had the bad ownership. After
changing the ownership back to the correct value on one node, csync
correctly fixed it on the rest of the nodes, no problem.

In my case, the file with the bad ownership was one that was created
by a web application. After discovering this problem, I caused the
application to change the file again and the correct ownership was
observed, so I don't think it's an application problem, at least not
in my case.

Roland van Laar wrote:


Same here.
There isn't a pattern I could deduce.

The only weird thing that happened was that the root.root permissions
are on the host where the
file was put. So I didn't suspect csync, but the application doing the
writing.

Roland

On 17-07-17 15:01, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:


After years of reliable service, csync2 2.0 did exactly that for me
just last week. One file suddenly owned by root.
Ari


On 17/7/17 10:32PM, Kevin Cackler wrote:


Funnily enough, we are also experiencing this issue with the root
owned files. Randomly, and without any definable pattern, so far as
we can tell, we'll get a file that suddenly is owned by root:root
with rw permissions and we have to go in and correct the
permissions. So far we haven't been able to nail down the cause of
this.

Mark Hodge wrote:


Hi,

I've recently setup a csync cluster between 3 nodes and although the
ring model works ok, it obviously fails when the middle server (node
2) is offline. Therefore I've been trying to get a working config that
is something like this:

node1 => node2 + node3
node2 => node1 + node3
node3 => node1 + node2

So at least if node2 is offline, node1+node3 are still syncing.

Is this the best way to achieve this? using "master (slave)" pairs?

I ended up putting csync on all nodes in a cron every minute (lsync
would crash occasionally) when csync returned errors.

I got lots of "Database is busy, sleeping a sec" errors, which I
presumed was because csync was running at the same time on each node
and causing db locks. So I staggered them, at 0, 20 and 40 sec in the
minute which got rid of the "busy" errors.

However, occasionally I will get random files appear one one or more
nodes owned by "root" with perms "rw" only for owner. This means
standard users cannot access these files. I suspect that csync is
somehow failing to set uid/gid/perms after the copy.

How can this happen?

Mark.

_______________________________________________
Csync2 mailing list
Csync2@lists.linbit.com
http://lists.linbit.com/mailman/listinfo/csync2


_______________________________________________
Csync2 mailing list
Csync2@lists.linbit.com
http://lists.linbit.com/mailman/listinfo/csync2







_______________________________________________
Csync2 mailing list
Csync2@lists.linbit.com
http://lists.linbit.com/mailman/listinfo/csync2




_______________________________________________
Csync2 mailing list
Csync2@lists.linbit.com
http://lists.linbit.com/mailman/listinfo/csync2
_______________________________________________
Csync2 mailing list
Csync2@lists.linbit.com
http://lists.linbit.com/mailman/listinfo/csync2

Reply via email to