-Caveat Lector-

I spent a week in Nebraska ca. 1990 and noticed that the shopping centres
had computer kiosks for general information. If Perot really wanted an
"electronic town hall" he could set up such a system nation-wide with
internet connection and by using coin op he might even make a profit on it.
FWP.

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, A.C. Szul wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> This question is relevant, especially considering that some folks believe
> Gov.-elect Jesse Ventura's campaign was financed by none other than Perot.  Today,
> campaigns need huge amounts of money. Regardless of party. Reform, Dem or GOP.
> Bottom line, you need cash. And if you win, most likely you had big 'n solid
> financial backing.
>
> And many believe that Ventura won, in part, to WWW help.  His core audience, age
> group 20-30, voted and supported him more than any other group and helped him win
> the governorship. And these folks use the Net the most.
>
> So, if Perot's man won, and used the WWW, and won, due in part to the Net, why
> would someone like Perot or any Reformist candidate not support the Net?
>
> Is there more to this?
>
> Franklin Wayne Poley wrote:
>
> >  -Caveat Lector-
> >
> > What do you think?

*** British Columbia-the world's first direct electronic democracy under
development http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/BCPolitics;
http://users.uniserve.com/~culturex ***