-Caveat Lector-

www.cbn.org/news/stories/990107b.asp

Flynt's Daughter Claims New Evidence That Ties
Father to White House
January 7, 1999

[Transcript from The 700 Club TV show]
Pat Robertson: Yesterday we mentioned there might be some revelations
at the National Press Club today and we have a quick update on that.
Here is Lee at our news desk.
Lee Webb: That's right, Pat. As we mentioned earlier, Larry Flynt is
expected to drop yet another bombshell on his crusade to expose the
alleged sex scandals of congressional Republicans. Now in a surprising
counter, the daughter of the Hustler magazine founder is threatening to
expose her father. Today in Washington, Flynt's daughter, Tonya
Flynt-Vega, is holding a news conference to counter her father's
allegations. We go now by phone to the National Press Club in
Washington where Melissa Charbonneau is standing by. Melissa,
what's happening?
Melissa Charbonneau at the National Press Club, D.C.: Well, we are
here at the National Press Club and Tonya Vega said she is here to
give revelations about her father's motivation and what kind of man her
father is. She says she has evidence to reveal the relationship between
her father Larry Flynt and the White House and she says she believes
her father Larry Flynt is being used to launder information from illegally
obtained FBI files on high-ranking Republican politicians. She believes
James Carville, her father's friend, is behind all this. However, she is not
willing at this point to present any hard evidence of that. She said she
might present that after her father's press conference next week.
Lee Webb: Why did she say she was going to wait to do that, to bring
that evidence, Melissa?
Melissa Charbonneau: She said she did not get any information. She said
she had not provided this information to any law enforcement
authorities, but she will use it to protect herself.
Lee Webb: Are there other folks at the news conference, mainstream
media types who are there?
Melissa Charbonneau: Yes there are a number of video cameras here
and the press conference is still going on. Ms. Vega also introduced
what she called a surprise witness, Ms. Sharon Frank Dunbar, who had
heard her on a broadcast recently. She said that she was a dancer in
Larry Flynt's Hustler club and apparently accuses him of involvement in
sexually assaulting her.
Lee Webb: Melissa, keep us posted. If you find out anything else, please
let us know. We will stay on top of this story. Pat, again we need to
point out she is making this allegation that there is a connection between
James Carville and her father but no evidence at this point.
Pat Robertson: If anything she is saying can be supported, the misuse of
FBI files to expose dirt on congressional republicans -- that in itself is a
misuse of office. That is an impeachable offense and it is very serious if
proved. But she has brought no evidence apparently that would validate
her assertions. If they can be validated, that is extremely significant
since the White House took 900 FBI files, confidential dossiers on all
sorts of people who were considered enemies of the President. Do you
have something else, Lee?
Lee Webb: We need to keep in mind that just a few months ago James
Carville said "this is war." And no one really knew at that time what he
meant. It remains to be seen if that was really what he did mean by that.
Pat Robertson: There is a nexus between FBI, James Carville, Larry
Flynt, and all these exposures. This is very, very serious and goes to the
very heart of our constitutional republic. So, it's one of those things
someone should treat with some care but still it is unproven.
RELATED STORY