<< On Sat, 9 Jan 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 >To some it will seem a radical shift but I have changed my view on this
whole
 >issue, at least to a certain extent.  Let me explain.  I believe that there
is
 >sufficient evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Clinton to have him
impeached
 >solely on the charges against him.  There certainly is a LOT more behind the
 >scenes that he is definitely guilty of (treason, and treachery against the
US
 >which he swore to uphold, being the most damaging).  I am now convinced
 >however that this whole issue should have been dropped before it began
because
 >I don't like the puritanical emphasis that has already been the byproduct of
 >the whole mess.

 Then, Teo, you are allowing them to win...

 Not only do you let them get away with the 'wrongdoing' you admit you
 believe was done, you let them get away with the blatant blackmail they
 are conducting...

 The answer is to NOT just drop it all...do you really think they will
 stop the 'wrongdoing' if the watchdogs go aways?

I'm also surprised by your " this whole issue should have been dropped before
it began" sentiments. Before Bill was impeached everyone was saying he would
never be impeached. Now they're saying he won't be removed from office because
they don't have the votes. If other evidence can be introduced from testimony
via witnesses vis a vis the major acts of treason associated with Clinton's
Presidency then he may be removed, and ironically, for the right reasons.
Let's not forget that along with his litany of major and minor crimes I'm
convinced he knew about the OKC bombing before-hand and used the murder of 168
people, devastating the lives of hundreds more, to vilify "militia's",
"patriot's", talk radio and anybody else who was critical of his Presidency;
the main objective was of course to push "The Anti-Terrorism Bill" which had
stalled in Congress. The Bill gave unprecedented powers to the President and
law enforcement. There is no crime, no principle, no moral, no life that he
won't sacrifice in order to further the agenda's of the people who put him
there. That is why he has to go. Gavin.