-Caveat Lector-

Gerald Harp wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> In a message dated 12/9/98 9:15:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > the
> >  Jewish Encyclopedia says, "The rabbis have given their approval for
> >  carrying out human sacrifices of Christians to our God.
>
> Just as i always suspected.
>
> Nurev must have thought a bit before making his posting.  It's amusing for the
> sane and elucidates how disconnected from reality many of the Arab Muslims
> have become but it probably gives further fuel to the suspicions of the weak
> minded on this list.
>
> Jerry Harp

In order to save what's left of poor Kris's hair, I am compelled to
come clean.
These past few posts from me were to make a point. I am not an Jew
hater, or a
"wasp boy " hater or a Catholic hater. I am however a bigot hater.

In reaction to the acceptance of Jana/Psychotwat's racist rantings as
somehow
being an issue of free speech instead of hate speech, I thought some
of you might
change your minds if hate speech was directed at you. I that way it
wouldn't
be theoretical bullshit but real discomfort. Free speech is really
only half the
equation. What about the freedom of listeners who have as much right
to be free
from verbal or intellectual assault?

Speech is a stepping stone to action. Everyone agrees that I have no
right to
go up to you and kick the living shit out of you simply because I
don't like
that you are _________. For that same reason, you should not assume
that you
have a right to say anything you want if the possibility exists that
you will
incite to cause harm. If you don't like that restriction, tough shit.
This is
why there is a law about shouting fire in a crowded theater. The
result of that
speech could end in serious harm to others.

In the case of Jews and anti-Semitism, there are many grey areas. Jews
are
overly sensitive to hate speech because hate speech mobilized their
genocide.
The Anti Defamation League has made a career of exploiting that to the
limit.
THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACTS. People who have personal agendas
against Jews
( usually of a religious nature, or one based on envy ) like to try to
expand
those grey areas for personal satisfaction. There is no reason NOT to
combat
this directly.

The freedom of the speaker of hate speech is NOT greater than the
freedom of
the target of that speech to be free of that speech.

I want to thank the moderator for having the guts to put up with this
little
bit of theater.

Joshua2