-Caveat Lector-

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Robert Tatman wrote:
>June, I don't know if this was the practice when you got your shot, but when I
>got my flu shot a couple of months ago, I had to sign a sheet stating that I
>had been informed of the possible side effects of the vaccine. Yes, it *can*
>give you a full-blown case of the flu, although the odds of that happening are
>low; you were one of the cases where it *did* happen.

This was more than 20 years ago...

But every year, any place I'm working pushes flu shots on the employees,
and without fail most of those who get the shots come down with very bad
cases of the flu a short time later....

This happened where I was working last year...one of the strongest pushes
for flu shots I'd ever seen, they had booths set up right outside the
elevator landing, on the way to the cafeteria, where it was impossible to
ignore...and they had this setup for any one desiring a 'walk up' shot,
for one full week, with daily announcements via email and paper flyers
for everyone to get their shots....

Everyone who sat around me got a shot...within a couple of weeks, all
were not only sick, but VERY sick, for a VERY LONG TIME...

I also got sick...probably because I was surrounded by all these sick
people...but I wasn't any more ill than those who'd taken the shot...

No, I still have seen no evidence for its effectiveness, not to warrant
all the potential health risks it can cause...

June

      The melancholy days are come, the saddest of the year,
      Of wailing winds and naked woods, and meadows brown and sear.
        -- Wm. Cullen Bryant:  The Death of the Flowers
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
                        revcoal AT connix DOT com
 It is UNLAWFUL to send unsolicited commercial email to this email
 address per United States Code Title 47 Sec. 227.  I assess a fee of
 $500.00 US currency for reading and deleting such unsolicited commercial
 email.  Sending such email to this address denotes acceptance of these
 terms.  My posting messages to Usenet neither grants consent to receive
 unsolicited commercial email nor is intended to solicit commercial
 email.