-Caveat Lector-

Here's the response I made to this posting on the TWA800 list, telling of
an incident I experienced back in 1994 which gives the current 'urban
warfare' accounts credibility for me....

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Ian Goddard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>There have been several actually Top Secret U.S. Military
>attacks/wargames called Operation Last Dance using live fire
>on several communities in Texas, even blowing up a building
>or two! This is real! Local officials are sworn to secrecy.
>Citizens are terrorized and mad as hell, while the major
>media keeps a blackout.

Back in 1994, I was attending nursing school and working part time as a
security guard...

In late June of that year, the company I worked as a security guard for
decided I should crosstrain with another guard, swapping posts so that
we'd be able to fill in for each other if need be...the other post they
sent me to was an old industrial site, a couple of acres of now derelict
buildings which used to be the heart of Bridgeport, CT's industrial
complex...

There were plans to turn the site into either a shopping mall or an office
complex, but the EPA found that there'd been decades of toxic dumping, and
so a company was hired to clean it up...it was this company who was the
client, the duty required keeping an eye on their heavy equipment after
their workday ended...

I was warned by my supervisor that the day I first reported to this site,
that an area police departement was going to be on site, conducting
'training' exercises...

Well, when I showed up, there were at least 100 men in black...long black
pants, long sleeved black shirts, some with black hoods, even tho the
temps were in the high 80s...being my first time on the site, I wasn't
sure which of 3 trailers I was supposed to report to, so I stopped and
asked one of the MIBs who seemed to be in charge...so it's not like they
didn't know I was there...

The shift was from 3pm to 11pm, and the duties required that I do a 'key
round' of the site every hour, starting at 4pm...

Well, about 15, 20 minutes after I arrived, and after seemingly milling
around doing nothing but chewing the fat, these 'MIBs' got into formation
and proceeded to run in riot formation into the nearest derelict factory
building, which was only 20 or so feet from the trailer I was in...

And then I heard absolutely nothing...as I said, this was a large complex,
a couple of acres of attached buildings, so I figured they'd gone to
another part of the complex...and since the buildings weren't my worry, I
didn't think too much about it...

But since it was summer, I had the windows open in the trailer...and
shortly before 4pm, I heard what could only be described as 'scampering'
in the derelict building next to me, definitely sounded like 'furtive'
running, and soft giggling...

For the life of me, I thought it was neighborhood kids...after all, almost
all the windows were broken, where kids had thrown rocks thru the
windows...and I wondered where the cops were, that these 'kids' would be
so bold as to enter the building while the cops were around...but since,
as I said, the building itself was NOT why I was there (and in fact I'd
been told to definitely NOT go into the buildings, as they were considered
dangerous), I figured I'd just do the cops a favor and keep an eye out
that no kids messed with their cars...

Well, at 4pm, I'd just stepped out onto the stoop of the trailer, to go do
my first 'key round', when there was a big explosion from the building
next to me, which blew a goodly portion of the broken window glass a good
50 or so feet -- IN MY DIRECTION!!!  Lucky for me, the trailer door
blocked me from the debris, else I'd been peppered with shards of glass
shrapnel...as it was, my car and the car of the construction site
supervisor (who'd hadn't been seen since I'd arrived) were showered with
glass, our alarms of course were triggered...

And I again heard the furtive scampering and the giggling coming from the
building where the explosion just occurred...

And it still hadn't dawned on me...I was still thinking it had to be
neighborhood kids, it was the end of June and I was thinking some kids
must be playing with 4th of July fireworks...I mean, grown men, men who
were TRAINED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, wouldn't be so irresponsible, would
they....?

I know you've already guessed that the answer is 'yes'...because as I
stood there, still somewhat 'dazed', hearing this adolescent giggling, a
voice calls out "Security lady?  Security lady?  Don't be scared, security
lady, it's just us doing our exercise!", followed by the sounds of more
giggling...

Well, I wasn't scared, but royally pissed off (in fact, 'fear' didn't even
occur to me until much later, when I had time to reflect and consider what
a close call I'd really had)...because it dawned on me that THEY
DELIBERATELY SET OFF THE EXPLOSIVES WHERE THEY DID IN A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT
TO 'SCARE' THE 'SECURITY LADY'...

That is why I'd heard the furtive scampering and giggles a few minutes
before...they'd thought it would be 'fun' to frighten me...I wonder if
they'd have considered it 'fun sport' if I'd been a few seconds sooner in
starting my rounds, and I'd been blinded by glass shrapnel being blown
into my eyeballs...

These are the people for whom our taxes pay their salaries to look after
our HEALTH and WELFARE?

So I for one very much believe the stories of these various 'urban
warfare' games being enacted around the country, and how the area
residents are NOT being warned beforehand, and indeed it seems that one of
the goals is to DELIBERATELY frighten the non-participants, indeed that
seems to be one of the unstated goals...

BTW, this was not supposedly a MILITARY exercise, but one being conducted
by the Danbury PD, who'd come down to use this site in Bridgeport...but
afterwards, thinking about it, there seemed to be so many men involved, it
seemed to be a little more than just one local PD...so I wonder if perhaps
there weren't some 'military advisors' taking part...and I started
wondering just what the city of Danbury (hardly a hotbed of civil unrest)
thought necessitated such training for such a large part (if not the FULL
force) of their police force...

(BTW, when they finally started leaving around 5pm, I grabbed hold of the
guy who seemed to be the most senior person around still on site, and gave
him a royal chewing out regarding responsibility, or lack thereof...
reminding him that even if they didn't care about MY welfare, they ran the
risk of injuring any neighborhood kids who may have unknowingly entered
the site)...

>             Fire officials confirmed that they responded
>             to the resulting fire, but had no warning that
>             the exercise would take place. They were also
>             summoned to put out a building fire caused
>             by explosions set off during the exercise.

And as in my case, I'm sure they didn't make sure their weren't any
non-participants in the area before setting off these explosions...
someday, someone's going to end up severely maimed, if not dead, from
these 'exercises'....

June

         "To love another person is to see the face of God."

                            -Les Miserables
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
                        revcoal AT connix DOT com
 It is UNLAWFUL to send unsolicited commercial email to this email
 address per United States Code Title 47 Sec. 227.  I assess a fee of
 $500.00 US currency for reading and deleting such unsolicited commercial
 email.  Sending such email to this address denotes acceptance of these
 terms.  My posting messages to Usenet neither grants consent to receive
 unsolicited commercial email nor is intended to solicit commercial
 email.