-Caveat Lector-

from the net

The Power of Place...written by a biologist...She talks about the effects of
geophysical
forces on biology and behavior.  She tries to use scientific data to back up
her analysis wherever possible...with varying degrees of success.  But her
ideas are thought-provoking.

 Things which may or may not be mentioned in her book (it is has been five
years or so since I read it) but which pertain to your discussion:

 ...It has long been noted that there is a higher incidence of mental
illness
in regions of the planet where there are "chinook" type winds...these winds
have been shown to raise the positive ion content of the air by huge
amounts.
(Chinooks, sciroccos, other names, found characteristically coming down the
leeward sides of mountains...)

 ...There is some evidence that places where the highest incidence of UFO
sightings occur are along one of the 8 high power electromagnetic meridians
of
the planet.  The pro-saucer fans contend that the "aliens" are drawn to
these
because of the energetic force...the anti-saucer fans say that these
magnetic
forces cause mass hallucinations in some way ...take your pick.

 I was transferred to Salt Lake City for a year about five years ago.  As
the
movers were loading my belongings on the van one of them ( a 21 year old or
so
man)  said..."Good luck! You are moving to the {Salt Lake City} Valley, Home
of the Crabbiest and Most Unhappy People In The World!"  (He was from Salt
Lake City).  Needless to say, at the time, I thought this was a most curious
thing for him to say.

 A year later,  when I breathed a huge sigh of relief at being able to move
OUT of Salt Lake City...because I had never met such a high concentration of
unhappy and crabby people in one spot in my life...I remembered the young
man's statement with intense curiosity as to what forces could possibly be
operating...Then by sheer coincidence, I read The Power of Place...then I
did
some UFO research for another project and found out that that particular
valley has one of the highest rates of UFO sightings on the planet...and
guess
what...this region also has chinook winds ...hmmmmmmmmm...