-Caveat Lector-

That is mighty white of them to admit this since they have been flying
around for years now on training (and other) exercises.
Now we can hold our breath while we wait for them to admit those other
things that have been flying all over the planet for years exists -- UFOs!

Michael Estes

On Monday, March 01, 1999 6:41 PM, Edward Britton
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> For what it's worth. . . .
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Army source says they are real,
> as exercise nears end
>
> By David M. Bresnahan
> ? 1999 WorldNetDaily.com
>
> The end is near for Operation Last Dance, and the Army may be planning to
> have it end with more drama than it began. Officials even finally
admitted
> that they really do use black helicopters.
> A full-time Army source has informed WorldNetDaily that 100 or more
regular
> Army, National Guard and Army Reserve troops left from California Tuesday
> join Operation Last Dance in Texas. They will combine with the 50 to 60
who
> have already been actively engaged in conducting mock raids in Texas
towns.

> The elite group of 100 is trained to fight terrorists in an urban
> environment. They have arrived at Corpus Christi Naval Station and Fort
Sam
> Houston for the final days of the training exercise that has caused so
much
> controversy.
>
> Last Dance began Feb. 8 in Kingsville, Texas, and is expected to end Feb.
> 20, perhaps sooner. Live fire has been used in Kingsville where extensive
> damage was caused to two buildings and a telephone pole. Residents there
are
> still getting over the shock and fear caused by the fake attack that
looked
> and sounded very real.
>
> Other exercises in towns around Kingsville and Corpus Christi have also
> caused concern by residents and elected officials.
>
> Officials in Port Aransas, a small town outside Corpus Christi objected
> heavily when Night Stalkers brought their black helicopters to town
without
> prior approval. They have also been seen in Austin, Annaville, Corpus
> Christi, San Antonio, and Calallen.
>
> The Corpus Christi City Council, home of the Corpus Christi Naval
Station,
> voted to give Operation Last Dance a symbolic pat on the back. Two
soldiers
> gave them a presentation to explain what was being done. Similar
> presentations have not been given in other communities.
>
> The two soldiers would not give their real names "for security reasons."
> They called themselves Zumwalt and Joseph and discussed the safety of
their
> exercises.
>
> Zumwalt confirmed that the helicopters being used for the training
exercises
> are really painted black. Numerous military and former military have
> contacted WorldNetDaily to correct earlier reports of black helicopter
> sightings. They claimed that the helicopters are dark olive drab, not
black.

> "We paint them black so that the bad guys can't see us coming. I don't
know
> what 'X-Files' episode started the paranoia about the black helicopters.
> Those are American pilots with American soldiers who love this country in
> those helicopters," said Zumwalt.
>
> He said he would prefer to paint them red, white, and blue so local
citizens
> would know they are the good guys and not worry.
>
> The training missions are as dangerous as if they were fighting a real
> enemy, and the soldiers confirmed to the City Council that they often use
> live ammunition and explosives during such exercises.
>
> "Our guys have been hurt and even killed during these types of exercises.
> But we have never had any significant civilian injuries," admitted
Joseph.

> Zumwalt told the council to expect one more exercise in Corpus Christi
> before Operation Last Dance comes to an end. An Army source told
> WorldNetDaily to expect that event to be bigger and more dramatic than
> anything seen so far.
>
> U.S. Army Special Operations Command in Fort Bragg, North Carolina,
planned
> and conducted Operation Last Dance after first obtaining permission from
> some cities they have been to, but not others. Only the Corpus Christi
> police chief and the city manager knew in advance in that city.
>
> Zumwalt and Joseph complained about demands from other cities for notice
and
> approval. They said safety would be compromised if people knew they were
> coming. They pointed out that a dangerous situation occurred when 200
people
> in an undisclosed location gathered on a factory rooftop to watch them.
>
> The City Council offered a vote of thanks to the soldiers. Zumwalt and
> Joseph said all they could offer for the use of Corpus Christi was their
> appreciation. They acknowledge that the city was at risk because of the
trai
> ning exercise, but they said they could not do anything about that.
>
> Operation Last Dance has already become a political issue for this year's
> local elections. Vic Vreeland, council candidate in Austin, is mounting a
> campaign based on his desire to fight such use of the city in the future.
>
> "I was aware of a proposed 'table top' exercise which was to occur in
Austin

----