-Caveat Lector-

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
>       Maybe this is the direction we're heading.  One company for energy, one
> for food, one for housing etc... seems very Communistic to me, but if the
> companies are privately owned, that's another case.  Reminds me of an old
> movie called "Rollerball" where corporations have taken over the world and the
> one dissident plays a game called rollerball... they change the rules to kill
> him, but he is too tough for them... wish they would have made a sequel for
> once.  Good Post.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Stokes

If you want to see what they want it to look like, see a working
model. The
best working model is SURPRISE in the good old USA.

No, not one company. No one would stand for it. It looks too much like
monopoly
or totalitarian communism. That's too many people to try to convert.
They will
use the American method of Oligopoly. That's where 2, 3, or 4 giants
control
80% or 90% of any given market.

Except for computer operating systems, the most profitable industries
are
divided up this way. Think about it.

a) Breakfast cereals
b) Autos
c) Soft drinks
d) Beer
f) Tobacco
g) Candy
h) Gasoline

etc...

This is the closest you can get to being a monopoly without being a
monopoly.
It is also the best way to control prices without being a monopoly.
All these
companies' products cost about the same in each product market. That
means
that Coke and pepsi and 7up cost about the same and have been that way
for as
long as they have dominated the market. Same for Kellogg's and Post.
Same for
gasoline, candy, and cigarettes.

To prove this, go to a supermarket, go to several supermarkets.

The Aerospace industry is the first obvious global model. In the whole
world
there are only two primary airliner manufacturers AirBus and the
American
monstrosity. This is the future of Capitalism. But don't wory it is
already
failing.

Joshua2