-Caveat Lector-

Ignoring the politics....as the politics can be read either way, this is an
interesting essay on psycopaths.

In studies carried out on politicians, they tend to demonstrate the the same
traits as politicians. ironically the ability to lie but make people feel
good is found to be an essential characteristic of leadership.

psycopaths cant be found by the normal use of lie detector tests  as they do
not react physiologically to tellig lies....However that can be used against
them to find out if they have a conscience. also psycopaths do not get
anxious about an electric shock if they are warned about it(after having
first experienced it)

about 5% of men have psycopathic traits(women have significantly lower) and
there is no known
'cure' for psycopathy as most enjoy it.

psycopaths ironically can be good members of society as they perfrom very
well in jobs requiring high anxiety...where they feel none such as test
pilots, firemen etc etc

I doubt that psycopaths will be involved in the classic conspiracies as they
dont have that type of profile. But they are useful tools .

John

-----

Whitaker Online

RULE WITHOUT CONSCIENCE
March 20, 1999

It will not surprise the reader to be told that psychopaths dominate
America's
political system. What he may not realize is why the present setup makes
this
situation inevitable.

When I first heard about psychopaths, it was a frightening idea. I was
already
in my early twenties, I had taught at the university level, and I was
working
with my neurologist brother on research we were invited to Walter Reed to
discuss. But the concept of a psychopath was new to me.

Suddenly I discovered there were people who had no real feelings of guilt or
obligation WHATSOEVER. This was an extreme concept to me. Naturally, I
assumed
it was a very, very unusual. In the 1960s, it was generally assumed that it
was
very, very rare indeed.

Recently, we discovered that psychopaths are not, in fact, rare at all. At
least
 one percent of our entire population is psychopathic. Why didn't we know
that
earlier?

We didn't realize it because we expect psychopaths to be easily
identifiable.
Surely, we thought, if a person is so different that he has no conscience at
all, it would show.

It turns out that quite the opposite is the case. Intelligent psychopaths
are so
 good at appearing normal that they often make the rest of us seem abnormal.

The case of Ted Bundy is instructive. Absolutely nobody who knew Theodore
Robert
 Bundy believed he was capable of torturing and killing all those young
women.
In the opinion of those who knew him, he was not just an unlikely suspect,
he
was the LEAST likely suspect.

Said one close friend: "Ted Bundy is the most caring and compassionate
person I
have ever known."

Sounds like a lot of TV evangelists, not surprisingly. Sounds like a lot of
dedicated liberal activists, not surprisingly.

While you and I are spending our efforts dealing with our regret and our
many
different forms of guilt, the psychopath carries NONE of that baggage. All
he
has to do is study how to get along in our society.

Well, what USED to be OUR society. It is his society now.

You must remember that the psychopath is raised in our society. All he is
interested in is pushing the right buttons. And never before in history has
there been a society that reduced itself so entirely to pushing buttons, and
nothing else, than America today.

Parents no longer have any influence in determining their children's
partners.
Now what we call "love" is entirely a product of how a guy pushes the right
buttons in a bar or on a date. A normal young man stumbles. The psychopath
knows
 exactly what he wants and he studies absolutely nothing but how to get it.
He
is loving, considerate, and, above all, he is "cool."

The psychopath has no prejudices. In Nazi Germany, the psychopath could act
like
 he hated Jews as much as any regular Nazi. But in our society he has the
absolute advantage of being able to look you in the eye and say he doesn't
care
about race, family, or anything else except what you want him to worry
about. He
 is the ideal white gentile.

The psychopath is a great preacher. You and I have genuine feelings of
guilt,
and they are not trustworthy. You may feel guilty, but you won't show it
every
minute.

The psychopath will show it every minute. He has been faking emotions all
his
life, and he's GOOD at it. You may have difficulty persuading yourself that
you
were called by the Lord to preach the Gospel. For a psychopath, that is no
problem. You will feel guilty when you have to interrupt your sermon to
raise
money. Not the psychopath.

Need some guilt? The psychopath can give it to you right on the spot.

The next time you see a picture of the serial killer Ted Bundy on
television,
look at his eyes. They are the picture of childlike innocence.

Psychopaths very often have those innocent, honest-looking eyes of a Ted
Bundy.
The reason for this is that psychopaths ARE innocent. No psychopath can ever
do
anything against his conscience. He does not have a conscience. This is not
guilt. This is the only true innocence.

As Bundy put it shortly before his execution: "I have never felt guilty
about
anything in my life. I feel sorry for people who feel guilt."

I wonder if a respectable conservative can be anything BUT a psychopath. It
seems that those who dominate the media would be able to smell the potential
for
 heresy in a rightist, and would never trust anyone with a conscience that
might cause him to feel something and betray his respectability.

Every liberal who deals with Southerners is haunted by the feeling that one
of
them could have a conscience. In 1964, the Civil Rights Act required that
every
Southern school district make a "good faith effort" to integrate the
schools.
What does this mean? It means that every Southern school official must
genuinely
 WISH to have integration. It is a psychological statement which requires
that
every Southern official not just OBEY the integration law, but that he
BELIEVE
in integration.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 required that every Southerner have a total
internal change in his FEELINGS about integration. No one with deep
convictions
need apply. Feelings can cost a district all of its Federal funding. To a
liberal or a respectable conservative, the highest form of morality is
catching
a Southerner at having personal beliefs which are not Politically Correct.

Alan Alda played a senator in a TV movie, and one of that senator's moral
triumphs was to reveal that an old segregationist Southerner had made a
statement to a friend of his that he still didn't believe in integration. If
he
had revealed that a person with top secret security clearance had told a
friend
he was a Communist, it would have been McCarthyism. Personal conversations
are
protected by true morality, if those conversations have to do with
Communism.
But not segregation. To reveal private conversations that show a white
gentile
is not a true psychopath on race is heroism of the highest sort.

People who have normal private opinions and guilt and other feelings often
react
 in odd ways. The reaction of some people to hearing awful news is often to
say
 something totally irrelevant and silly. Some laugh wildly. But these people
are reacting to their internal feelings. The psychopath has learned to do
without such feelings. Psychopaths have no such distractions, and their
reactions are right, perfectly right.

The psychopath has spent his entire life learning how to react correctly. He
is
the perfect citizen of the sound bite age. He is the
absolutely perfect lawyer in a society ruled by lawyers. He is the perfect
big
time preacher. He is the perfect talk show guest. He is the perfect modern
political candidate.

For a person to remain Politically Correct is almost impossible unless he is
psychopath. Today, every person who is a public spokesman must be ready,
willing
 and able to change his language and attitudes immediately.

One week, he must be the best friend the repeat criminal ever had. He must
recognize that the so-called "criminal" is just a victim of Society.

But the next week, he must be "sensitive" to "women's" concerns." He must be
outraged at all the repeat rapists this evil society has released on the
streets
 to prey on women. And he must make these switches without looking back. To
be
a respectable conservative, you must agree that what the liberals are now
doing
is bad, but everything they did in the past was good.

If you go to any political meeting, you will hear people talking, not about
what
 is right, but how to "package" their views. There has always been
"packaging,"
 but today the package is everything.

When it comes to packaging, no one can compete with psychopaths. That is all
the
 psychopath has done all his life. A normal person spends his life trying to
deal with his emotions, and how to express what he feels. The psychopath has
spent his life on what all politics is now about: putting his responses in
the
right package.

It would seem that the psychopath has all the advantages. In our society, he
does. In earlier times, there was a healthy suspicion of anyone who was "too
smooth." People had their own loyalties and prejudices, and they tended to
expect their leaders to react the way they did. They tended to like it if
their
leaders were a bit prejudiced and inconsistent. They were expected to have
healthy prejudices.

But today, we want the right package, and ONLY the right package. We comb
through a person's entire life history to find out if he ever made a single
unforgivable statement. A person who can spend his entire life without
making a
single unforgivable statement has GOT to be a psychopath.

In the early 1970s when Nixon tried to appoint a Southerner to the Supreme
Court, he nominated one Southerner, and liberals looked up comments his
nominee
had made a quarter of a century earlier on race and used them to defeat him.

Nixon named another Southerner, and the liberals did the same thing to him.

Hugo Black was a Southerner who got on the Supreme Court, and he had been a
KLANSMAN! But Black did what the two Southerners nominated by Nixon had not
done. He made a total, complete, and absolute switch to extreme leftism.

If a Southerner is to get approval by our rulers today, he must make a
switch
only a psychopath finds it easy to make.

And if a Southerner doesn't make the psychopathic switch, respectable
conservatives will be the first to tear him apart.

I remember that in the 1960s there was another Southerner who was a favorite
of
liberals. He wrote a book called Congressman From Mississippi. In that book
he
explained that he had risen in Mississippi as a seed Congressman From
Mississippi. In that book he explained that he had risen in
Mississippi as a segregationist right winger, and had served in
Congress in that guise. But when President Kennedy appointed him
to the Board of TVA, he came out of the closet as a lifelong
liberal. He was a liberal hero, the perfect Southern white
gentile.

It never occurred to liberals that, if the wind changed, this guy
would probably announce he had always been a closet Nazi, and
would put them in a gas oven without a qualm.

There is no animal on earth more dangerous than a man who is truly
without prejudice.