-Caveat Lector-

<snip>the Serbs have mounted a strong and sophisticated propaganda
campaign.<snip>

To what degree?  One would assume from the statement above that Serbs have
been planning for this day just as long, if not longer, than NATO. If
that's the case, any guesses how NATO is planning to respond?

Why hasn't the Serb TV been targeted and taken out yet? That's their main
propoganda machine, especially after they were the ones that sent out pics
of the downed Stealth fighter.  US media was, in fact, replaying Serb TV
footage.

USIA_LISTS wrote:

> DEFENSE DEPARTMENT REPORT, MARCH 27
>
> (Kosovo/Stealth, Bacon/ground troops)
>
> PENTAGON INVESTIGATES PRESS REPORTS OF STEALTH DOWNING
>
> On the fourth night of the NATO air campaign, a variety of media
> carried reports of the downing of a U.S. Stealth aircraft.
>
> Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said March 27 that "we are aware of
> the report and are investigating."
>
> This was not the first report of the downing of NATO aircraft
> participating in "Operation Allied Force." Earlier reports of aircraft
> shootdowns were denied by U.S. and NATO spokespersons.
>
> CNN broadcast footage from Serb Television showing burning wreckage of
> an airplane, which Serb authorities said was an F-117A Nighthawk
> stealth bomber.
>
> Before the report of the Stealth crash, a British Air Force official
> speaking from alliance headquarters in Brussels warned reporters to
> assess all reports carefully as he said the Serbs have mounted a
> strong and sophisticated propaganda campaign.
>
> Some 400 NATO aircraft are participating in the air campaign, flying
> against military targets throughout the Federal Republic of
> Yugoslavia. These targets have included both manned and unmanned
> flights in both strike and support roles.
>
> Throughout the air operation, U.S. and NATO spokesmen have warned of
> the risks involved in the allied effort to halt repression in Kosovo.
>
> BACON SAYS NO U.S. GROUND TROOPS TO KOSOVO
>
> "The United States has no intention of sending ground troops to fight
> in Kosovo, and the Department of Defense is not doing any planning
> that would enable such a deployment," says Pentagon spokesman Ken
> Bacon.
>
> Bacon reiterated the U.S. position on sending ground forces to Kosovo
> in a written statement late March 27.
>
> Bacon said the United States would only consider sending ground troops
> to Kosovo as part of a NATO peacekeeping force after an agreement
> establishing a ceasefire and requiring disarmament by both parties to
> the conflict in Kosovo.
>
> *

> SUBSCRIBE KOSOVO Firstname Lastname
> to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards,
-A.C. Szul
http://www.erols.com/mack97
"The sharpest tool in the shed." -- anonymous