-Caveat Lector-

http://www.expendableelite.com
-----
The Unconventional Warrior
        by LTC Daniel Marvin, USASF (ret)
© 2002 Daniel Marvin
Part 17:
Who Really Killed Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.?
Dedember 23, 2002

William E. Pepper, in his book, Orders to Kill – The Truth Behind the Murder
of Martin Luther King, Jr., published in 1995 by Warner Books, reported what
he learned of U.S. Government involvement as the perpetrator of the King
assassination. Under direction from the White House, Army Chief of Staff
General Harold K. Johnson and Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence
General William P. Yarborough, with the help of other intelligence assets
within the United States Government, assembled a sophisticated apparatus
designed and used to infiltrate Black Militant organizations and Dr. King’s
own non-violent protest organization, to develop anti-King propaganda and
provide around-the-clock surveillance of Dr. King himself.

Information provided William Pepper’s consultant, Steve Tompkins, by two
former Special Forces NCOs whom he called Warren and Murphy to hide their
real identity, told the author of the activation and deployment of U.S. Army
Special Forces personnel, including snipers, from the Reserve’s 20th Special
Forces Group (Airborne) to form a secret “Alpha” Team. Their mission was to
deploy from Camp Shelby to Memphis on a covert operation posing as civilians.
In their last briefing at Camp Shelby it was understood, from what Warren and
Murphy told Tompkins, that the two snipers would “shoot to kill” Dr. King and
Reverend Andrew Young. According to Steve Tompkins, the one condition
demanded of him, as quid-pro-quo to their providing information pertinent to
his investigation, by the Green Beret Sergeants was that he would never
reveal their true identity. “If I broke my word on this issue,” Tompkins told
William Pepper, it was likely they would all “be killed.”

Four days after the jury found our government complicit in the assassination
plot that killed Dr. King, syndicated columnist Cynthia Tucker, in the 12
December 1999 edition of the Syracuse Herald American newspaper, believing
the findings in the civil trial to be based on “far-fetched accounts of a
plot to assassinate” and satisfied with her own twisted logic, wrote in
judgment that the King family behavior seemed more concerned with being “busy
helping further contort the events of his death” then being “pleased by a
memorial honoring his life.” The memorial will stand and the family should
always revere their departed family member and hero, but few are there in
this present world who would lead the way in a courageous, selfless struggle
to surface the truth of what happened that fateful day in Memphis when Dr.
King was shot down in cold blood.

Interestingly enough, the many (100+) former U. S. issue military weapons,
including M1D sniper rifles, that had been sent to the U.S. illegally in a
Special Forces gun-running operation that I personally stopped on arrival at
the 46th Special Forces in Thailand in 1967 in September 1967 (See Part
Sixteen of this series) were thought to be possibly destined for use by
Special Forces or CIA personnel to infiltrate black militant organizations as
directed by a secret military intelligence unit located within the offices of
ACSI General Yarborough. It was shortly after the SFA became aware that I had
provided a copy of the complete investigation of that gun-running to William
E. Pepper for use in the civil trial that they began a campaign to discredit
and ultimately dismiss me from the organization.

If the truth is important to you, the complete transcript of that civil trial
is available on line at www.thekingcenter.com, for you to read and judge for
yourself.

All I hope and pray for is that the truth be known, the innocent be freed,
the guilty punished and systems established that would help to prevent future
abuse of power, particularly that which results in heinous crimes of the sort
that murdered Dr. King. A new book by William E. Pepper An Act of State – the
Execution of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. will hopefully be the floodlight of
truth whose beam will shine brightly and draw forth the courage needed by men
and women within our government to set the record straight. My dream is to
publish, in a book to be titled The Devious Elite, facts that will, when
coupled with William E. Pepper’s new work, add to the adrenaline surge needed
to evoke national action by outlining in detail what I believe to be the
complicity by much of the press and many in Congress that has resulted in the
denying of the truth to the American people and the setting aside of justice
in this matter. Typical was the reaction of Congressman John Lewis, author of
the book Walking in the Wind – A Memoir of the Movement to my request to help
put together a coalition to demand a reopening of the investigation into the
murder of Dr. King. After receiving no response to my letters written to him
in the spring of 2001, I called his office and spoke to a “senior aide.” She
informed me that Congressman Lewis’s message was that he was “more interested
in helping to chart the future than in revisiting the past.”

It is a travesty to ignore evil of this magnitude, thereby encouraging
repetition of the same.
[Edited by Jeanne Calabretta]
of Suberfuge

-----