-Caveat Lector-

Ray Boeche wrote:

> I'm sure Britain, Spain, Greece, Hungary, Poland and the other 80+
> nations who are in support of our actions appreciate your
> consideration of them as non-entities.

"The State is the great fictitious entity by which everyone expects
to live at the expense of everyone else." -- Frederic Bastiat

Every body politic on this planet is a corporation, an artificial entity, a
fiction at law. They only exist in your mind. When you write of "Britain",
"Spain", "Greece", "Hungary", "Poland" and the other 80+ so-called "nations"
you're referring to non-entities.  At most, you're referring to a number of
hucksters who masquerade around styling themselves as "government"
and a multitude of suckers who support them.

As Frederick Mann put it:

        In his book Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut coined the word "granfalloon"
to describe abstract concepts like "nation," "state," "country," "government,"
"society," "IBM," etc. He wrote, "To discover the substance of a granfalloon,
just prick a hole in a toy balloon." In his book The Incredible Secret Money
Machine, Don Lancaster explains:

        "A granfalloon is any large bureaucratic figment of people's imagination.
For instance, there's really no such thing as the Feds or General Veeblefeltzer
Corporation. There are a bunch of people out there that relate to each other,
and there's some structures, and some paper. In fact, there's lots and lots of
paper. The people sit in the structures and pass paper back and forth to each
other and charge you to do so.

        All these people, structures, and paper are real. But nowhere can you point to
the larger concept of "government" or "corporation" and say, "There it is,
kiddies!" The monolithic, big "they" is all in your mind."

        A granfalloon is the lumping together of many diverse elements into an
abstract collection, and to then think and speak as if the abstract collection
is one single entity capable of performing actions. This phenomenon leads
people to say things like "the government runs the country." I hope you realize
(or will soon) just how absurd the previous sentence is.

"Government" Consists of Individual Human Beings

        The human brain is an abstracting device. We might call the first level of
abstraction the "concrete abstract." Consider the concept "table." The concept
or word corresponds to and represents a physical object "table." However, the
concept "table" is more general than the object "table" - because the concept
"table" can be applied to any of a large number of objects with flat surfaces
and (usually) four legs; whereas the physical object "table" is one specific
object.

        Our next level of abstraction we might call the "collective abstract" - for
example, "furniture." It's very useful to lump together a number of diverse but
related objects and use the abstract word or concept "furniture" to represent
all of them. It makes thinking and communicating more efficient. Instead of
saying, "Clean the chairs, the tables, the shelves, the mirrors, the cupboards,
etc.," you can simply say, "Clean the furniture." It's much more efficient. But
with the increase in efficiency comes a potential lack of distinction...

        "Government" can be described as a collection of individuals, pieces of paper,
buildings, weaponry, etc. Let's take a look at what becomes possible when we
think in terms of individual human beings, instead of the monolithic collective
abstract "government" - a two-sentence refutation of all the arguments for
"government":
        "Government" consists of individual human beings - or people.
        When people say "government is necessary to do X (whatever)," or "only
government can do X," or "government must do for people what they can't do for
themselves" - what they're really saying is: "people are necessary to do X," or
"only people can do X," or "people must do for people what they can't do for
themselves." http://buildfreedom.com/tl/tl07b.shtml

http://archive.jab.org/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
 <A HREF="http://archive.jab.org/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/">ctrl</A>