-Caveat Lector-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:37:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Party of Citizens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: C. Anton Burnette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [LIFE-GAZETTE] Re: Death Sentence Tossed Over Bible Reading

Again it gets back to the issue that those Americans who want "one nation
under God" had better find another nation...Canada maybe.

But first they have to know what a nation under God would be like. Now
Canada, by Constitution "is founded upon principles that recognize the
supremacy of God". BC Judge FE Howard reviewed judicial precedents and
concluded that the judges of Canada define the supremacy of God as one's
highest ideals or standards. Thus in Canada we have the LIBERTY to invoke
our "Godly Principles" as we choose and I cannot see the kind of snafu
below happening here. If anyone invokes their understanding of Bible
teaching and it comes in conflict with a law of the land that is another
matter. Thus I think a Canadian court could only react this way by finding
a specific law which conflicts with the jurors' decision-making.

But more broadly, there is the matter of "one nation under God". What
would it be like? Christian missionaries can describe hundreds of pagan
cultures. What is their description of a "Godly Culture"? If they don't
know, how can they move a pagan culture in that direction?

Valerie Pringle may wish to consider this for Vision TV. Don Boudria, MP
wrote to say that we should ask the experts in the clergy (like Rev.
Blaikie, MP?) what a Canada designed according to these "Godly Principles"
would be like. So ask, Valerie. Ask in a way to make the faith-works
connection concrete as well as abstract/spiritual. What would a city for
say 100,000 plus surroundings be like if designed by experts in
"Godliness"? Do they know or are they just a bunch of prattling
ideologues?

POC

     ********* <http://www.geocities.com/partyofcitizens> **********

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/wpWolB/TM