-Caveat Lector-

In 1982 a book titled The Homosexual Network, Private Lives and Public
Policy, by Enrique T. Rueda came out.  Rueda was a Catholic priest.  The
680 page book is packed with organizational names, individual names,
links, etc.  A 114 page chapter titled  Religious Organizations and the
Movement documented the links between religious groups and the
homosexual network.  It's a very slippery slope between trying to hold
the line on beliefs and full toleration of everything in the homosexual
movement on the philosophical level.  At what point does tolerance
become acceptance?  Homosexuals quietly reaching points of power in the
organization invited others to join the priesthood, and invited others
to participate in debauched patterns of behavior. This seems to be how
it occurred, until many seminaries became hotbeds of homosexual
activity.  Malachi Martin's books show the various belief patterns in
the church,  many of them openly defying the the religious beliefs
professed by what were mainline Catholic believers.  Windswept House by
Martin made it very clear that the Pope's words were openly subverted by
Cardinals under him who believed that the financial solvency of the
organization and it's place in the world market were very dependent on
the organization accepting activities that were totally out of step with
the basic beliefs of Catholicism.  The Catholic Church has been
infiltrated by New Age believers, as have been other religious groups.
There is no lockstep in the Catholic organization anymore, and the
secrecy of the organization has allowed many strange growths in the
church body.   It's hard for parish Catholics to take a stand on what is
moral and what isn't, so too many settle for mushy spirituality and
community activism as a substitute.  Expecting Catholics or any other
group as a whole  to take moral stands on anything for the good of the
community is a useless hope.  Just as it happened in Nazi Germany.