-Caveat Lector-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:17:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Party of Citizens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [LIFE-GAZETTE] Intelligent Design IS Theory

Also, let's consider Professor Lamoureux's statement to Valery Pringle
that intelligent design is not a theory. What is a theory? If a forensic
scientist says the Zodiak Killer was not one person but a cult, that is a
theory. "Can it be proven to be true or false?" is one POSSIBLE inclusion
among the criteria for "theory". But one might also say the essence of a
theory is whether it is TRUE OR FALSE, irrespective of whether we can now
or ever prove it to be true or false.

We homo saps have only been on this planet for a tiny fraction of one tour
of the galactic centre which takes over 200,000,000 years whether you
reckon our beginning by Biblical literalism or conventional paleontology.

Where will we be in 200,000,000 years? Maybe exploring nearby galaxies and
"seeding" them with new species created by our intelligent design. Also
wondering when we encounter inhabited planets whether our theory is true
or false that the creatING entity responsible for those inhabited planets
is in the next galaxy over, or the one beyond that or perhaps way out near
the edge of the universe. Or maybe BEYOND the edge of the universe.

Maybe we can't determine if those theories about intelligent design in
Andromeda are correct or not. Maybe the limits of the human brain will
forever prevent us from understanding, whereas more intelligent life forms
out there may surpass those limits. Nevertheless, inherent human
stupidity should not prevent us from considering that it may be TRUE that
there is a creatING entity beyond the furthest star.

POC

"When you wish beyond a star,
Makes no difference who you are ...."

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511