-Caveat Lector-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:58:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Party of Citizens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: James Randi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [LIFE-GAZETTE] RE: Police Psychics ... fraud or fact?

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, James Randi wrote:

> First, police departments don't use psychics; the psychics go to them and
> say they know something.
>
> I've done such tests many times.  The psychics have always failed.

Thanks for the feedback. I suppose these "police psychics" are as phoney
as the "Christian Faith Healing Cults", and that incorporates every
denomination of Christianity I know of. They are always begging for a
dime. The Salvation Army even has its hucksters out now with wireless
debit machines in hand to ply the trade of the golden fleece, according to
last night's news reports. While they are "being modern", one might
expect some of these fraudsters to set up an easily-conducted experiment
and claim your million $ for the faith-healing which they claim to
practice. Freedom of religion etc. is not freedom to lie and defraud the
public. Keep up the good work!

ZG

> James Randi
>

> How about taking the initiative and asking the many police departments
> which use psychics, to compete for your $1,000,000 JR? Surely they can
> find a good use for it.
>
> The basic idea of the study would be that they take pieces of evidence
> (like pictures, objects from crime scenes etc.) for SOLVED cases and ask
> the psychics to match the samples to the criminal.
>
> The police psychic whose matches are the best and also beats chance as
> determined by your statisticians, wins. If none of them beat chance, the
> police still come out ahead. They will know better than to waste time and
> money on police psychics in the future.
>
> ZG
>

> ---
>
> ---