----
NRA To Make Stand Against Accidental Shootings
Push to require accuracy with Shoot Straight in School program
----

In the past few months, we have all witnessed tragedies in our communities.
Children between the ages of 10 and 18 have fired handguns and rifles in
public schools upon their classmates and teachers, resulting in dozens of
deaths and injuries. Stepping forward to do something to stem the tide of
blood is the National Rifle Association.

"We have seen a horrific amount of bloodshed in our schools, of late," says
NRA spokesman W. Claude Parker. "In my very own town a boy, thirteen years
of age, was angry at his girlfriend for taking up with another boy. In fact
that young lad was mad enough to kill. So he went home and he took up his
papa's 12 gauge from the living room, and his mama's .38 from her purse, and
the spare .45 from the glove compartment, and one of the assault rifles from
the rec room, plus his own hunting rifle, and headed back to school with
fire in his eye."

"Now we've all had the red in our vision when it comes to women," continues
Parker, "so we can see where the poor boy is coming from. Plus, he's at that
awkward age where just every other day you feel like you got some killin' to
do, right? Well anyway, this boy saunters into the cafeteria, sees his gal
with this other boy, and just starts firing away. He must have shot about 30
kids and 3 or 4 teachers and staffmembers. Thankfully, only 2 of those kids
died."

"But you see, when the smoke cleared and the names were put to the wounded,
it turned out that neither that girl nor her new beau had been among the
injured persons. In his rage, that boy had fired numerous weapons for over 6
minutes and failed to hit who he was aiming for. This is a thirteen year old
boy! All those other kids didn't do nothing wrong to that boy, but they went
down to the County Hospital or the Morgue, whatever the case were."

It's this kind of senseless violence that the NRA hopes to prevent with
their new Shoot Straight in School program. Starting in the third grade,
male students will be trained in basic riflery and targeting. The
requirements will become more difficult as students progress through the
system. The NRA will award scholarships to the most skilled marksmen as they
graduate.

"The state of our schoolchildren's skills is a damn disgrace," says
Principal Wallace P. Gomer of Birch High School in Beaver County. "I've got
kids in high school who don't know how to load an AK-47, much less fire one.
One of those boys gets it in his head he needs to shoot someone here in
school, well we're going to have another bloodbath."

Birch High School is one of the first to implement Shoot Straight in School.

In addition to target training, children will be taught emotional restraint.
"A lot of these kids just want to pull out their handgun and start firing at
the first sign of trouble," says Parker. "One of the slogans we teach kids
is Two Days, No Craze. We teach kids that when they are angry to not bring a
gun to school for at least two days. In many cases, this will calm the child
enough that they will not start shooting randomly into crowds. In some
cases, they may even decide against shooting someone in the first place."

But sometimes even the best intentions can fall short. During the creation
of this article, there was another shooting at Birch High School, in which
an eleven year old boy, angry at getting a failing grade, fired his father's
grenade launcher repeatedly into the teachers' lounge. Principal Gomer was
one of the fourteen fatalities.

Still, without the efforts of the NRA, how many more of our children, our
Nation's greatest asset, would be dead?

Bard

Visit me at:
The Center for Exposing Corruption in the Federal Government
http://www.xld.com/public/center/center.htm

Federal Government defined:
....a benefit/subsidy protection racket!