-Caveat Lector-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:49:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Party of Citizens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Governor Jeb Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [LIFE-LIBERTY-SECURITY] MONSTER

Dear Governor Bush:

In Canada there is no capital punishment even for the most heinous of
crimes. In the Picton case, Mr. Picton is charged with murdering dozens of
women in V6A, dubbed "the poorest ghetto in Canada". If he is convicted as
expected, he will not receive a death penalty. Similarly in the
Jordan case, Mr. Jordan, "the barber of V6A" was convicted of killing
a number of women in V6A by alcohol poisoning, the only case of its kind
in Canada. He served his time and is now free.

The women who are targeted by such serial killers are also targeted by the
serial killers of government. Every day the Government of BC threatens the
poorest of the poor in V6A, people who have committed no crime, with
discontinuation of the services essential to sustain health and life.
There is no trial, no judge, no defense attorney. No due process of law.

If the government follows through on its psychologically torturous threats
(which are written into form/procedures like HR 2863) these people will
become homeless like the Florida woman in the movie, "Monster". According
to Canadian "justice", such people can continue to be deprived of the
essentials for health as the psychological torture becomes the physical
torture of homelessness and exposure-related illness on the street. This
treatment by government serial killers can continue until the victims die
and this is lawful: ergo, the only lawful capital punishment in Canada.

Needless to say, serial killers like Picton and Jordan rejoice at the
help they get from the serial killers of government because homeless women
are particularly easy targets. At least one of our 27 signatories (web
site below) reported to us that she was homeless.

Does Florida also allow and actively pursue such lawful capital punishment
for innocent women or is the movie, "Monster" just a tall tale?

POC

     <http://www.geocities.com/universalhumanrightscanada>
     "The inherent dignity and worth of the human person"

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Governor Jeb Bush wrote:

> Dear Friends:
>
> Florida Governor Jeb Bush thanks you for your letter inquiring about his
> views regarding the death penalty.
>
> While the Governor appreciates that many people have sincere and devout
> beliefs that capital punishment should be abolished, he does not believe
> such a policy would promote justice or save innocent lives.  In heinous
> murder cases in which a jury and judge have determined the convicted
> murderer deserves the ultimate punishment, Governor Bush believes, based on
> state law, the sentence should be carried out unless mitigating
> circumstances justify further consideration.  The Governor also believes we
> should look not only to the issues surrounding the defendant, but also to
> the surviving victims and to the effect the murder has on our community as a
> whole when deciding whether the death penalty is an appropriate punishment.
>
> >From 1998 through 2002, 4,485 people were murdered in Florida.  Many of
> these victims suffered horribly, and their families' pain continues for many
> years.  During this same time period, 15 convicted murderers were executed.
> Those executed were guilty of the most brutal and merciless killings.  Many
> other prisoners are sentenced to life in prison for less-heinous
> first-degree murders, second-degree murders, and armed robbery.  Governor
> Bush does not agree the state should impose the same penalty of life in
> prison on mass murderers, murderers of children, and other brutal killers
> whose horrible crimes far exceed the evil involved in the aforementioned
> crimes.
>
> Since the use of capital punishment increased in the United States, the
> murder rate has decreased.  After 1963, when executions essentially ended,
> murder rates soared to unprecedented heights.  The murder rate in 1973 tied
> the highest rate to that date, broke the record in 1974, broke it again in
> 1980, and peaked a third time in 1990-92.  At about that time, the number of
> executions began to significantly increase.  By 1999, murder rates have
> declined to about the 1966 levels and have remained low.  This is
> overwhelming evidence that capital punishment saves innocent human lives.
>
> Florida law provides strict limitations on the use of capital punishment.  A
> person accused of a capital crime is provided free legal representation if
> he or she is unable to afford a lawyer.  Unlike other states, Florida law
> requires the prosecutor to share evidence with the accused murderer's
> lawyer.  The accused is allowed access to DNA testing and other evidence
> that might demonstrate innocence.  Once a person is convicted of a capital
> murder, the death penalty may only be imposed if aggravating factors are
> proven to exist.  Thus, only first-degree murders that involve unspeakable
> cruelty and suffering, multiple victims, a motivation for financial gain, a
> desire to eliminate a witness, and other exceptionally brutal facts qualify
> [...]

"Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person...." (Canadian
Constitution, Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Part I:7). What does this
"Life-Liberty-Security Clause" mean?

Yahoo! Groups Links

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/