-Caveat Lector-

Friday, Sept. 24, 2004 10:53 a.m. EDT

Swiftvet Author to Kerry: Renounce 'Hanoi Jane's' Campaign Help

John Kerry should reject 'Hanoi Jane' Fonda's campaign help in this year's presidential election and issue a statement renouncing her anti-American activities during the Vietnam War, "Unfit for Command" co-author Jerry Corsi said Thursday.

Fonda has been traveling the country registering women voters and denouncing President Bush as a "radical ideologue" - backing Kerry the same way she did 34 years ago when she bankrolled his group, Vietnam Veterans Against the War. "Jane Fonda has been a radical activist since the 1960s," Corsi told NewsMax. "I don't recall any statement from Kerry renouncing either Jane Fonda or Scott Camil, who was one of the most radical activists in the VVAW."

Camil was a regional organizer for Kerry's campaign earlier this year.

But it's Fonda who's become the focus of new controversy. Last week she brought her "Vaginas Vote" registration drive to New York City and enthusiastically endorsed Kerry's presidential bid.

"I don't think there's ever been such a clear choice between radicalism and moderation," Fonda told a Fox News reporter, in quotes covered only by the British press. About Bush, she added, "I mean, we are dealing with a radical ideologue here."

The Kerry-Fonda relationship is the target of the latest TV ad by the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth, with a narrator explaining:

"Even before Jane Fonda went to Hanoi to meet with the enemy and mock America, John Kerry secretly met with enemy leaders in Paris. ... Eventually, Jane Fonda apologized for her activities, but John Kerry refuses to."

Corsi said that instead of campaigning for Kerry, Fonda should "come out publicly, especially in view of the new Swiftvet ad, and let us all know if she renounces having gone to North Vietnam during the war and telling our POWs at the Hanoi Hilton that they were war criminals."

See old pals John Kerry and "Hanoi Jane" Fonda protesting the Vietnam war together in 1970.

Editor's note:

  • Breaking: The Real Story About John Kerry`s Vietnam Record – Click Here!

    Read more on this subject in related Hot Topics:
    Sen John Kerry
    2004 Elections
    John Kerry: On the Record

    108-108-104

  • www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.