-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message --- -Caveat Lector-
Post and pass it on. Cele

Note: forwarded message attached.
www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-
I know the man being discussed in this letter, Cele. He is an honest man, a Marine Viet Nam vet and true patriot. To learn more about Cele and his work to alert our fellow citizens to the truth about drugs, illegal and clandestine US operations, and major public figures, please see his well researched and documented book "Powderburns" (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0889625786/104-7578473-7618352?v=glance).

dave

***************************************************************************************************************************

Soldier of Fortune, Inc.
Attn: Editor Robert K. Brown
5735 Arapahoe Ave., Suite A-5
Boulder, CO 80303

Dear Mr. Brown:

 My name is Matthew and I live in San Diego,
California.  I have been a long time reader of your
magazine and I am also a recipient of some email
exchanges between yourself and Mr. Celerino Castillo
III.

Apparently, Mr. Castillo, a retired federal agent, has
responded to an anti-Kerry editorial which attacked
the presidential candidate for his Senate committee
investigations of Contra involement in drug
trafficking during the 1980's.  The editorial in your
magazine was then followed by another piece by CIA
operative Felix Rodriguez which also attacked Kerry
for his investigation of government links to the drug
trade.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/issues/2004-09-23/metro.html

I just wanted to write and let you know that as a
reader of your magazine, I was shocked to hear first
hand Mr. Castillo's experiences in Central America.
He is one of the few eyewitnesses to the real history
of Central America in the 1980's willing to speak
about his experiences.  He is one of the few people in
a position to know this information.

First of all, let me explain that I actually met and
spoke with Mr. Castillo on more than one occasion.  He
was in San Diego on the campus of San Diego State
University in November of 2000 giving a lecture on the
war on drugs. He later addressed the national
conference of MECHA, a hispanic student organization,
on the SDSU campus in April, 2001.

A professor of education at SDSU is organizing a
special collection at the university library.  The
archive contains documents and photos of Castillo's
law enforcement career.  His material is required
reading for Education Majors (All future teachers) who
want to earn a teaching credential at SDSU, thanks to
the same professor.

I want to let you know that I found Mr. Castillo to be
a very proud and patriotic man who did EVERYTHING that
his country asked him to do, without question.  He is
modest and soft-spoken and truely a gentleman who
loves his country.  He is the son of a WWII veteran
who was shot six times in the Phillipines by the
Japanese and earned a silver star for his actions in
the war.

During the Vietnam war, his father approached him and
said "Son, you gotta pay your dues, just like I did".
Although Mr. Castillo did not have to go to Vietnam,
he followed the wishes of his father and was drafted
into the war. (Unlike our current president and all of
the other priveleged people in our government) He
spent his time involved in covert operations where he
was a sniper assigned to kill North Vietnamese
officers.  His experiences during the war lead him to
become a police officer and later a federal agent.

Some of the things he witnessed:

-Torture and murder with the knowledge or approval of
U.S. Intelligence agencies

-Rape and Murder with the knowledge of U.S. agencies

-Drug trafficking by U.S. Intelligence agencies.

-top government officials in the countries he was
assigned to work in (Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador)
were documented drug traffickers in DEA files.

-Pilots involved in the Contra movement were given
U.S. Visas despite being listed as drug traffickers in
government files.  The same pilots bragged of using
their credentials to move dope.

-U.S. asset bragging that they had killed a Roman
Catholic archbishop, Oscar Romero. Being forced to
work with same.

-Purchased confiscated arms from Salvadoran military
while posing undercover as a member of a drug cartel.
Told by supervisors not to embarass the Salvadoran
government.

-Oliver North involved in drugs

-Escaped Terrorist Enrique Posada hired by Felix
Rodriguez and working for the Contra operation

In his speeches at SDSU, he would sadly tell the
audience that the things that made him the most proud
in life were his kids and his bronze star.  He later
said that he had left his bronze star at the Vietnam
Memorial in protest of the things he had witnessed in
Latin America.

Mr. Castillo has paid a heavy personal price for his
honesty.  Not only did he sacrifice a promising career
in law enforcement, he lost his wife and children to
divorce as a result.

I am writing to ask you to let Mr. Castillo have his
say.  He backs his statements with file numbers,
documents and names of witnesses who also happen to be
government employees.
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/hall/contra1.html
www.drugwar.com/castillo.shtm

 This is a lot more than your anti-Kerry writer did.
It is a lot more than Felix Rodriguez did in his
article.  In addition, several other retired federal
agents have come foward with similar allegations, (see
attachment) including Mike Levine, Mike Holm and
Hector Berrellez.

Let me challenge you, Mr. Brown.  Your magazine states
that it is "pro-law enforcement".  By your actions you
are helping to cover up a major drug trafficking
scandal.  I am curious if you think it is okay for the
government to traffic drugs if the cause is
anti-communist.  Your magazine glorifies military
action and the men involved.  You simply cannot face
what paid for a lot of the covert operations around
the world.  The KLA in the Balkans, the Contras in
Nicaragua, the Vietnam conflict, the Afghan warlords
in present day.

I will respect you if you come out and tell me what
your motivation is for covering up for these people.
Does the ends justify the means?  Do you think it is
okay to imprison people for what the government does
with immunity?  Do you think foreign policy should be
dictated by drug traffic like it is in Afghanistan,
Central America in the 80's and Asia during the 60's?

If anyone has earned a right to speak, it is Mr.
Castillo. He has suffered long enough for naively
thinking that the U.S. government is a straight,
honest government that always does the right thing.
That is what the government does.  It takes a young
man, a true beleiver, and then chews him up.

 You owe it to the TRUE heros of the world like Mr.
Castillo, who was chased through the mountains of Peru
by indians angry that he cut down their coca crops....

Sincerely,
Matthew Dickerson
San Diego, California