-Caveat Lector-
In a message dated 10/20/2004 7:13:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

How did we reach this danger? When Al Gore dragged Florida's courts into the election process, the U.S. Supreme Court did not make the prudent decision to refuse to be dragged into what Justice Felix Frankfurter called the "political thicket." If the court had allowed Florida's intrastate power struggle to proceed, here is what probably would have happened:

Florida's runaway Supreme Court would have done what it seemed determined to do: it would have continued to rewrite the state's election laws and vote-counting rules until they produced a Gore victory.

What a shame that would have been.  Imagine four more years of relatively high wages and employment; imagine no war in Iraq.  Over a thousand of our young people would still be alive, and the thousands of amputees would be whole and hardy.  How awful to think that the two Koreas might by now be having cordial relations, and the entire world would not think that the United States had degenerated into a kind of stumbling dictatorship.  The Arab world would not think of us as a golem taking care of Israel's light work.   We can't allow any of that silly stuff.  I think we should let the Supreme Court pick our next president too.  Prudy
www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.