-Caveat Lector-

Begin forwarded message:

Date: May 13, 2006 9:36:16 PM PDT
Subject: Fwd: [Fw: Michael Hayden's Ties to PSYOPS, etc...]

The NarusInsight is one type of domestic spying hardware.
Capable of monitoring 10 billion bits of data per second in real-time.
This means the NarusInsight can monitor an OC-192 in real-time.
For reference 10 billion bits is 10 million Kbts, divide that by the
average DSL user witch is 256 Kbts (10000000/256) you get
monitoring of 39062.5 DSL lines in realtime for every piece of hardware.

After data capture Narus software can replay data. What does
this mean?  Well, according to tghe Narus website:
"Capabilities include playback of streaming media (for example, VoIP),
rendering of Web pages, examination of e-mails, and the ability to analyze the
payload/attachments of e-mail or file transfer protocols."

Think of it as Tivo for the internet, able to replay 39,000 US DSL users'
activity in realtime for every piece of hardware.