-Caveat Lector-

Begin forwarded message:

From: RoadsEnd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: July 15, 2006 2:23:05 PM PDT
To: Cia-drugs Cia-drugs <Cia-drugs@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: RoadsEnd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [cia-drugs] Official heroin production versus official heroin usuage

soup.html#115299294873092658
  Kris Millegan said...

     Well, we will try again, Someday I may take a typing class.

     And here are the changes according to populatin and ages. The
CIA World Fact book is where the population numbers come from.

     Kris Millegan said...

     I find very little reality in official drug stats or officially
related history. Much mis and dis-information.

     I have found that the most reliable information comes from much
earlier and "untainted" information.

that "The Islamic Revolution in 1979 in Iran used some of the same
police-state tactics as China to eliminate the large production and
consumption of opium that had prevailed under the rule of the shah of
Iran."

     A canard if I ever heard one. We have all been told that in all
aspects that Red China and Islamist fundie Iran are or have been "evil."
     And then we are also told that that have both eradicated their
opium crops and do not use heroin as historical documented by most
major countries to facilitate black ops and other agendas.

Worldwide heroin production was estimated at 426.9 metric tons in
2003. 472 tonnes in 2005 according to UN http://www.unodc.org/unodc/
en/world_drug_report.html .

     A metric tonne equals 2,204.622 pounds

     According to the UN, ( http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/
world_drug_report.html ) Russia has the highest heroin usage rate
2.0% of the population aged 15 to 65 or about 2,000,000 folks. Let us
round down to 1,800,000 daily addicts. Well, that is over 1.8 metric
tonnes a day and over 665 tonnes a year.

     The USA's figures are all over the map most US official figures
are from 600,000 to 1,000,000 users. The UN says 0.6% of the
population or around 1,200,000 users. Again rounded down to 1,000,000
daily users is over 1 tonnes a day, around 369 tonnes a year.

     These numbers are figured with average use at a gram per day,
which is supported by most research and anecdotal reports.

     So as you see there seems to be a supply problem … Now one may
say that well, maybe most users are just casual. That has not been my
personal observation of users.

     And even if you cut my figures in half, just those two countries
would still consume more than the official figures of production.

     It behooves those running the "shit" to keep the official
numbers down and untrue. I mean who can check. It is an illegal and
unregulated industry. And considering that they generally run or at
the very least have big influence on interference and bean counting,
its a rigged play.

     If you will notice many of the heroin production "records" will
put a big NA in the columns for Iran and China and then follow
"conventional wisdom" of saying both countries used ruthless methods
to eradicate, etc.

     I find the contention unconvincing.

     Opium became the largest commodity on earth in the 1830s and has
been there ever since.

     A very good book on the dynamics

     From Carl A Trocki’s excellent book, Opium, Empire and the
Global Economy(1999):

     "The trade in such drugs usually results in some form of
monopoly which not only centralizes the drug traffic, but also
restructures much of the affiliated social and economic terrain in
the process. In particular two major effects are the creation of mass
markets and the generation of enormous, in fact unprecedented, cash
flows. The existence of monopoly results in the concentrated
accumulation of vast pools of wealth. The accumulations of wealth
created by a succession of historic drug trades have been among the
primary foundations of global capitalism and the modern nation-state
itself. Indeed, it may be argued that the entire rise of the west,
from 1500 to 1900, depended on a series of drug trades."
     <>
     ". . . the image of the "opium empire," a metaphor first offered
by Joseph Conrad. It takes up the early history of opium and other
"traditional drugs" such as tobacco and sugar and develops the
paradigm of commercialized drug trades and ties that to the growth of
European colonialism in the Americas and Asia . . ."
     <>
     ". . . links between drug trades, European colonial expansion,
the creation of the global capitalist system and the creation of the
modern state. Drug trades destabilized existing societies not merely
because they destroyed individual human beings but also, and perhaps
more importantly, because they have the power to undercut the
existing political economy of any state. They have created new forms
of capital; and they have redistributed wealth in radically new ways."
     <>
     "Opium thus created a succession of new political and economic
orders in Asia during the past two centuries. These included the
state of the East India Company itself, the new Malay polities of
island Southeast Asia, the colonial states of nineteenth-century
Southeast Asia and the warlord regimes of post-Qing China as well as
the Guomindang and communist states that arose out of that milieu. At
the same time, the economies of the entire region were radically
reoriented, or perhaps "re-occidented" would be a more appropriate
word. India's opium production was brought under western control
while China's domestic economy was opened to the west. Southeast Asia
was first opened to western traders and then to western control. With
the migration of Chinese labor, Southeast Asian economies were
transformed into commodity-producing regimes focused on exporting to
the industrializing western Powers. Underlying all of this, opium
rearranged the domestic economies and pushed them down the path of
mass consumption, which together with mass production, typified the
"modern" economic order.

     It is possible to suggest a hypothesis that mass consumption, as
it exists in modern society, began with drug addiction. And, beyond
that, addiction began with a drug-as-commodity. Something was
necessary to prime the pump, as it were, to initiate the cycles of
production, consumption and accumulation that we identify with
capitalism. Opium was the catalyst of the consumer market, the money
economy and even of capitalist production itself in nineteenth-
century Asia.
     <>
     Opium was the tool of the capitalist classes in transforming the
peasantry and in monetizing their subsistence lifestyles. Opium
created pools of capital and fed the institutions that accumulated
it: the banking and financial systems, the insurance systems and the
transportation and information infrastructures. Those structures and
that economy have, in large part, been inherited by the successor
nations of the region today."

     ====

     Onward to the utmost of futures!

     Peace

     -----
     Aloha, He'Ping,
     Om, Shalom, Salaam.
     Em Hotep, Peace Be,
     All My Relations.
     Omnia Bona Bonis,
     Adieu, Adios, Aloha.
     Amen.
     Roads End

     5:08 PM =

= www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.