-Caveat Lector-

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Human Rights Tools" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: July 22, 2006 8:58:49 AM PDT
Subject: A new service for human rights professionals

Hello,

We would like to tell you about a new website for human rights professionals called Human Rights Tools.

It offers four services:

1. A library of carefully selected and commented resources:

You will find:
- monitoring and fact-finding tools, advocacy tools and other essential resources for human rights work
- thematic resources on the protection of detainees, human rights defenders, refugees, and more
- the top online databases for resources on human rights law, refugee law and humanitarian law

... and much more. We have even set up a section called "Your career" where you will find job vacancies and training opportunities:

2. Key resources for country analysis:

To rapidly establish the human rights profile of a particular country and to facilitate analysis and follow-up of developments, you can draw on a number of resources listed here: the situation in terms of human rights, political and conflict analysis, the economics, the legal instruments which that country has ratified, and human rights-relevant news.

3. Daily updated human rights headlines:

This page will provide you with fresh human rights news from a selection of top sources - all on one convenient page and updated automatically every time you visit. We currently list headlines from the following sources: Human Rights Watch, Amnesty, FIDH, Human Rights Listings, Reliefweb, Inter Press Service. Be sure to bookmark this page!

4. Our newsletter:
If you are interested in receiving updates on new tools and resources, then subscribe to our newsletter - we have several exciting issues in the pipeline. Just click on the link below:

The website and newsletter are produced by a small and independant group of volunteers who aim to facilitate the use of information on human rights available on the Internet.

We hope you found this website useful and would appreciate very much receiving your comments and suggestions. Do you know any resources to add? Any areas we should cover? Please send comments to Daniel ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Finally, please forward this email to your friends and colleagues who share your interest in human rights.

This is a one-time mailing - you won't hear from us again unless you subscribe to the newsletter (see link above).

Best regards,

Daniel D'Esposito

= www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.