-Caveat Lector-

Begin forwarded message:

Date: September 28, 2006 1:41:29 PM PDT
Subject: Truth and Consequences in the USSA

BREAKING -- MSM Laffs It Up Over

Hate Mail Attack on Olbermann

Wed Sep 27, 2006 at 10:27:44 AM PDT

Ace television reporter Ray Richmond has the whole story here:
http://www.pastdeadline.com/...

In a nutshell, some lunatic sent this generation's greatest and most courageous reporter -- our Edward R. Murrow - Keith Olbermann -- a hate letter filled with white powder. This letter was not sent to the MSNBC newsroom -- it was sent to Keith's home. Keith knows he's a target. He knows speaking out against George Bush and Bush's war in Iraq and the whole "get in line or we'll put you in Gitmo" mentality has enraged the wingnut community. He took this terrifying intrusion seriously. He called 911, and then went to the hospital so Doctors could confirm this wasn't same stuff sent to Tom Daschle.

Okay -- here's how "Page 6" in Rupert Murdoch's NY Post reported it. PLEASE NOTICE ALL THE LANGUAGE MEANT TO FEMINIZE OLBERMANN -- MEANT TO SHOW HE'S A DEMOCRATIC GIRLY-MAN BED WETTER for taking this hate mail terror attack seriously:

POWDER PUFF SPOOKS KEITH

"MSNBC loudmouth Keith Olbermann flipped out when he opened his home mail yesterday. The acerbic host of "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" was terrified when he opened a suspicious-looking letter with a California postmark and a batch of white powder poured out. A note inside warned Olbermann, who's a frequent critic of President Bush's policies, that it was payback for some of his on-air shtick. The caustic commentator panicked and frantically called 911 at about 12:30 a.m., sources told The Post's Philip Messing. An NYPD HazMat unit rushed to Olbermann's pad on Central Park South, but preliminary tests indicated the substance was harmless soap powder. However, that wasn't enough to satisfy Olbermann, who insisted on a checkup. He asked to be taken to St. Luke's Hospital, where doctors looked him over and sent him home. Whether they gave him a lollipop on the way out isn't known. Olbermann had no comment."

NOW...consider how Page 6 WOULD have reported this story, had it happened to their own Bill O'Reilly (my re-write...)

TERRORISTS TARGET FOX PUNDIT -- COPS CLAIM AL QAEDA LINK

Beloved Fox news personality Bill O'Reilly was stunned by a terrorist attack in his home mail yesterday. The dynamic host of "The O'Reilly Factor" was wary when he opened a suspicious-looking letter with a California postmark and an anthrax-like powder poured out. A note inside warned O'Reilly, one of President Bush's most vigorous defenders that it was "payback" for his implacable stance against Islamofascist terrorists. The stalwart commentator calmly dialed 911 at about 12:30 a.m., sources told The Post's Philip Messing. An NYPD HazMat united rushed to O'Reilly's home, but preliminary tests confirmed what O'Reilly himself suspected -- the substance was harmless soap powder. Although Mr. O'Reilly insisted the incident go no further, authorities persuaded him to go to St. Luke's Hospital, where Doctors gave him a clean bill of health. O'Reilly, who reportedly has been a "high value target" for al qaeda terrorists, had no comment, but his steely glare and determined stride showed reporters he was unshaken by this attempt on his life.

ITS ALL STORY-TELLING. To the Fox folks, the War on Terror is most serious conflict of this generation...until someone to the left of Dick Cheney is involved. Then, getting a death threat makes you a coward.

This is how the game is played folks. WE'VE GOT TO SHOW WE'VE GOT KO'S BACK. He's doing some very, very important work. Support him. Watch him. E-mail his bosses with support. Tell the NY Post they crossed a line that should never be crossed.

  •  Damn, this shit's getting serious! (18+ / 0-)

    Yesterday I was thinking, I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one morning and hear that Keith Olbermann "died in a bizarre plane crash," "suffered fatal wounds in a freak auto accident," "was electrocuted while blow-drying his hair," etc.  I'm thinking of Paul Wellstone here, and the dangerous ones that the powerful have blown to smithereens for getting a little too mouthy 'n influential.  Keith Olbermann, without question, is one of those.

    This age is so Roman-esque corrupted that Olbermann could be shot point blank by a guy wearing a shirt that says "Me Love Bush More Than Life Itself" and shrieking obscure Old Testamenat passages and the media would respond with, "Keith Olbermann's Death: Did He Deserve It?"  That's how bad things are.  In fact, I press to my bosom that things are as bad as I think they are; I couldn't handle it if they were worse.

    Believe it, they are worse.

    Honestly, the subliminal messages emanating from the Bushies these days are positively terrifying.  Dissent and you will die, the copy reads, streaming through my head.  That's been the message, right?  That's the fear that's supposed to quake my bones, correct?

    As pure fear of death goes, yeah, it's working.  But honestly, they can fuck themselves all day long.  Vive le Olbermann, don't run from the bastards, keep up the rebellious - er, patriotic - work!

= www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.