-Caveat Lector-

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Goddard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, April 30, 1999 4:35 AM
Subject: Re: Littleton & Drug Side Effects

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:49:49 -0400, Ian Goddard wrote:

>The Washington Post (4/29/99, A1) reports that Columbine
>gunman Eric Harris was on a prescription antidepressant,
>a new drug called "Luvox." A net search finds that Luvox
>"can activate mania in susceptible patients" (source:
>http://www.begin.com/redoak/medications/luvox.html)
>
>The manufacturer's prescription insert says: "LUVOX Tablets
>should be used cautiously in patients with a history of mania."
>http://www.ocdresource.com/ocdresource.nsf/pages/Diagnosis+Luvox
>
>Symptoms of "mania" include: "Provocative, intrusive, or aggressive
>behavior" (see: http://mentalhelp.net/articles/grohol/bipolar.htm)

It's important to note that The Washington Post article
says Eric Harris was the leader of the two dead gunmen.
So Dylan Klebold was following his friend who was on
a psychotropic drug that's known to activate mania,
which can manifest itself as aggressive behavior.

Dr. Ann Blake Tracy, author of "Prozac: Panacea or Pandora?,"
lists "aggressive or violent behavior" as a side effect of
antidepressants such as Luvox. Dr Tracy states that long-
term users of antidepressants can loose the distinction
between reality and dream. She says some patients enter
an "anesthetic sleep state" where they do things that
later they can't believe or recall they did (see:
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/3568).

Searching the MEDLINE database at the National Library
of Medicine website (http://igm.nlm.nih.gov) I found a
study by doctors from the Hadassah-Hebrew University
School of Medicine in Jerusalem, Israel that came
to this conclusion about Luvox, or fluvoxamine:

   "Our case series suggests that fluvoxamine
   may have the ability to induce or unmask manic
   behavior in depressed patients. Clinicians are
   alerted to monitor for this 'switching' effect..."

   TITLE: Fluvoxamine-associated manic behavior:
   a case series.
   AUTHORS:  Dorevitch A; Frankel Y; Bar-Halperin A;
   Aronzon R; Zilberman L
   SOURCE: Ann Pharmacother 1993 Dec;27(12):1455-7
   CITATION IDS: PMID: 8305775 UI: 94138126

Some other studies I found @ http://igm.nlm.nih.gov :

   TITLE: Mania and fluvoxamine.
   AUTHORS: Burrai C, et al.
   SOURCE: Am J Psychiatry. 1991 Sep;148(9):1263-4.
   CIT. IDS: PMID: 1909099 UI: 91353783

   TITLE: Fluvoxamine-associated mania/hypomania
   in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
   AUTHORS: Jefferson JW, et al.
   SOURCE: J Clin Psychopharmacol. 1991 Dec;11(6):391-2.
   CIT. IDS: PMID: 1770160 UI: 92121482

There are a dozen or more studies on Prozac-induced
mania (http://igm.nlm.nih.gov). Both Prozac and Luvox
are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI).

GODDARD'S JOURNAL: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/journal.htm

Forwarded for info and discussion from the New Paradigms
Discussion List, not necessarily endorsed by:
***********************************
Lloyd Miller, Research Director for A-albionic Research (POB 20273,
Ferndale, MI 48220), a ruling class/conspiracy research resource for the
entire political-ideological spectrum.  Quarterly journal, book sales,
rare/out-of-print searches, New Paradigms Discussion List, Weekly Up-date
Lists & E-text Archive of research, intelligence, catalogs, & resources.
      To Discuss Ideas:
       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://msen.com/~lloyd/
      For Ordering Info & Free Catalog:
       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://a-albionic.com/
      For Discussion List:
       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
       text:  subscribe prj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   **FREE RARE BOOK SEARCH: <http://a-albionic.com/search.html> **
   Explore Our Archive:  <http://a-albionic.com/a-albionic.html>
Please Patronize PRJ's Advertisers: http://home.msen.com/~daugh/store.htm
Many Pay Even If You Just Look and Don't Buy!  Video Finder, Free catalogs,
Health Products, Sweepstakes, Etc.