 See what's new at http://www.aol.com

www.ctrl.org

--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

_Naomi Wolf:_
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-wolf/american-tears_b_68141.html)

_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-wolf/american-tears_b_68141.html_
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-wolf/american-tears_b_68141.html)

"This morning in Denver I talked for almost an hour to a brave,
much-decorated high-level military man who is not only on the watch list for
his criticism
of the administration -- his family is now on the list. His elderly mother is
on the list. His teenage son is on the list. He has flown many dangerous
combat missions over the course of his military career, but his voice cracks
when
he talks about the possibility that he is exposing his children to harassment.
"Jim Spencer, a former columnist for the Denver Post who has been critical of
the Bush administration, told me today that I could use his name: he is on
the watch list.
"An attorney contacts me to say that she told her colleagues at the Justice
Department not to torture a detainee; she says she then faced a criminal
investigation, a professional referral, saw her emails deleted -- and now she
is on
the watch list."

www.ctrl.org