-Caveat Lector-

"Ric Carter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
"Magic, mysticism, and mathematics are triplets"--Aleister Crowley.

"Magic" is often just another name for physics... Remember Clarke's Law:
"Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." For all I
know, there are really captive elves inside my monitor painting this image on
the screen. By comparison with my grandfather's slide rule, the 400MHz, 6.4GB
HDD machine I'm using might as well be powered by elemental salamanders held
captive by a sorcerous cantrip as by the Pentium II chip it "actually" uses.
Skepticism is a two- (or more) edged sword...and I find that it pays to be as
skeptical of materialist claims as I am of knee-jerk spiritualist claims.
Magic *works*; religion works (for me); science works, most of the time.

"If it works, it's probably true." (P.E.I. Bonewits, *Real Magic* [1978])

Bob "Have you driven a Fnord lately?" Tatman

=================================
Robert F. Tatman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Remove "nospam" from the address to reply.

NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is
distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in
receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For

more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

POSTING THIS MESSAGE TO THE INTERNET DOES NOT IMPLY PERMISSION TO SEND
UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL (SPAM) TO THIS OR ANY OTHER INTERNET ADDRESS.
RECEIPT OF SPAM WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATION OF THE SENDER'S ISP.

http://webmail.netscape.com.