-Caveat Lector-

Ric Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-

Problem is, everybody's doing just too much apologizing for this "accident."
It falls into the category of "Methinks the <whatever> doth protest too much,"
IMNSHO. If it were really a mistake, the response would have been something
like "We *what*? Oh-h-h shit. Hey listen, we're sorry, but that's the fortunes
of war, you know... I mean, if you sit in the middle of a war zone, there's a
strong possibility you're gonna be hit..." Instead Clinton and Albright and
Blair and Jamie Whatsisface have done everything but kowtow to Beijing in
atonement. And that smells very bad to me.

With regard to the competence of the CIA, unless they really are incompetent
(which can't be ruled out, of course!), ELINT will have been confirmed using
HUMINT. They have *got* to have guys on the street in Belgrade--hell, during
the run-up to Desert Storm, they had Green Berets burying themselves in the
sand so they could come up behind Saddam's lines when fighting started, and
SAS types in Lawrence of Arabia robes posing as bedouin on *camels* for
Chrissake, so you *know* every intelligence outfit in NATO has agents-in-place
all over Serbia. They *must* have known that the building their bombs were
aimed at was the Chinese Embassy, if for no other reason than that they hit it
with such precision. After all, this is warfare, not rocket science... [Note
to the reader: If you didn't catch the last reference, it's about the
inability of the Air Force to put any of its satellites in the correct orbit
lately, thanks to sloppily-built "launch vehicles" (read "missiles") from
Boeing and Martin Marietta.]

Bob

=================================
Robert F. Tatman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Remove "nospam" from the address to reply.

NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is
distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in
receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For

more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

POSTING THIS MESSAGE TO THE INTERNET DOES NOT IMPLY PERMISSION TO SEND
UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL (SPAM) TO THIS OR ANY OTHER INTERNET ADDRESS.
RECEIPT OF SPAM WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATION OF THE SENDER'S ISP.

http://webmail.netscape.com.