-Caveat Lector-

"FREE SPEECH! Use it, or lose it!"
        --- Ken Hamblin

ABUSES
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
An Unofficial Collection

----
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF) is widely perceived to
be a rogue agency that openly ignores the constitutional rights of
Americans. When this is brought to the attention of those in power, the
response is usually, "Prove it!". The information in these Web pages do not
'prove' that the BATF is a rogue agency but it does present a lot of
incidents. Study the information here, do some research if you wish, and
then make your own decision about what kind of agency the BATF really is.
----

Last update: 3 May 1999

Changes since last update:

This is now the new home of the Abuses By The BATF Web Page. People who have
bookmarked this page please take note.

Well, it didn't take long for the Jack-Booted Thugs to take advantage of
their newly minted federal license to kill. BATF and local law enforcement
raided a gun shop in Taft, CA. The story from the cops is that the store
owner ate a barrel while resisting arrest. Few if any in the community
believe this story. I wonder why? The news report is here:
http://croaker.barkingmad.org/howell.html#TOP

 A newspaper in California has set up a special web page with all known
information about this incident:
http://www.bakersfield.com/special/taftshooting/

Grasping at straws to close yet another "big case," the BATF goes after a
gun collector in South Florida. After trying for months to get him to sell
Class 3 stuff under the table, they kick in his door and bust him for having
a rusted-closed WW2 relic. Results: Conviction on one charge, Firearm
Possession By Convicted Felon. Just one problem: the conviction exists
(17-year-old assault case), but is it a felony? F-Troop says yes, county
courthouse says "damnifweknow." I guess dangerous gun collectors aren't
entitled to presumption of innocence anymore. If a Jack-Booted Thug says
you're a felon, a felon you have just become. Whether you are one or not.
And to make matters worse, the judge is allowing all the charges the jury
just acquitted him of to be used in determining the sentence. So a sentence
of 18 months may turn into 18 years or more. Didn't they pull that stunt on
the Waco Massacre survivors? More details here:
http://www.mnsinc.com/SkyWriter/

In other news, two BATF agents were indicted in Detroit for abuse of
authority and abusing a suspect. The raid was allegedly not sanctioned, one
member of F-Troop kicked the suspect in the head and the other helped cover
it up. These are the people HCI want to be the sole possessors of initiated
force?

 F-Troop loses another case:
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/1998-09-12/gun.html

 A brother and sister in Alabama were cleared of all charges after the judge
got tired of BATF failing to provide exculpatory evidence. This judge did
the right thing, but keep in mind that if F-Troop finds evidence that will
help in your trial defense, count on them making it "disappear." Makes that
railroad trip much easier and more pleasant (for them).

Now that the case is in litigation, I am adding a link to the F-Troop raid
of A-Square and the home of it's owner on 19 Dec 1996. There is a lot of
recent scary stuff at this site, including the revelation of a federal
computer database called TECS (Treasury Enforcement Communications System).
This system is used to flag anyone "under investigation" by any agency under
the Treasury Department. It is also tied to NCIC, so anyone can be flagged
as a dangerous person without any sort of court order, indictment, or
conviction and will so appear to any police officer making a routine
inquiry. Any bets as to whether the sponsor of this web page is so flagged?

As usual, NRA is doing it's patented "no harm, no foul" routine in this
case, though they did provide space at the NRA Annual Meeting for LTC Alphin
to plead his case to the membership. GOA has pledged assistance and a
defense fund has been established. The link to the case is here:
http://members.aol.com/vetvsatf/Veteran_vs_BATF_Home_Page.html

I have resigned my position with the Internal Revenue Service and gotten an
honest job as a computer consultant. I'm bouncing around the globe fixing
computers with Year2000 software problems: "The Cassandra Project", go to:
http://millennia-bcs.com/cassief.htm#top

 There are more problems than people to fix them, to put it mildly:
http://www.y2ktimebomb.com/
(Scroll to the Bottom)

 The good news is that most of the federal and state agencies we love to
hate will be paralyzed. The bad news is that we lose a lot of things we've
come to depend on for comfort and survival, with the attendant potential
social consequences:
http://www.euy2k.com/

All the information you find on this page and more is the basis of a
fictional novel by John Ross called Unintended Consequences. My review of
this book has been added as a link. This book is available for order over
the Internet. Please use this link to order these and other gun books, as
proceeds through April 1999 go towards the CCW campaign in Missouri. The
review was published in May's Libertarian Enterprise.

----

Table of Contents

Executive Summary
UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES
Govt Response to NRA Washington Post Ad
Strange Things BATF Agents Do:
http://croaker.barkingmad.org/strange.html#TOP
Gun-Shy Judges
CATO Policy Analysis 109
Individual Incidents
Hate Mail from BATF supporters
Institutional Perjury at the BATF

Links to Second Amendment organizations

National Rifle Association
Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
Gun Owners of America
Civil Liberty section of Miningco
If you have any comments on the material in these Web pages or if you have a
BATF incident to contribute, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://croaker.barkingmad.org/batfabus.html

-------------------------------

"Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"
                   Doug Quirmbach, Moderator
                   The Awakening Lions List

"Okay Joshua....it was the trumpets of many voices that brought down the
walls of Jericho....Peter is one voice often calling in a wilderness,
while many remain silent for fear of being ridiculed.

Nobody will ever squelch him with heaps of coal or fountains of
water.......and he would go down with the ship, while others would be
the first to the life boats."
                        Colleen

"No blood for blow jobs"
   --a placard

Bard

Visit me at:
The Center for Exposing Corruption in the Federal Government
http://www.xld.com/public/center/center.htm

Federal Government defined:
....a benefit/subsidy protection racket!