-Caveat Lector-

> Drugs are addictive

Some are and some are not. And those that are, so what? it's none of your
damn business what somebody else does with their own body. In point of
fact, I myself have been a drug addict for nearly forty years and as far
as I can tell it's done me nothing but good. Of course I'm lucky in that
my drug of choice, caffiene, happens to be legal. Were that not the case
I'd do it anyway. So would most caffiene addicts.

> Drugs relieve pain,

Some do and some don't. All drugs are not the same. I strongly suggest
that you study up on the subject before you spout off like an ignorant
fool.

>Yes there very well might be a black market in guns. That's OK. That
means guns will be harder to get than they are now.

That's not OK. That means that guns would (NOT will)  be harder to get for
the law abiders, ie. the victims of armed predators.

>And that's OK too.

I take it you've never been raped, have you?

>So the prisons will  fill with gun dealers and illegal owners.

(1.) That ain't gonna happen. What would happen is a bloody civil war.
We'd win. We have overwhelming numerical superiority and superb position.

(2.) But if it did happen, the grave yards would fill even faster with the
unarmed victims of violent predators.

>If guns become like drugs in the society, that would be a vast
improvement over going down the street to buy a lethal weapon as if it
were a toaster.

What makes an inanimate object, be it a gun or a toaster or whatever, a
weapon, is the use to which it is put. Except for a miniscule fraction of
a percent, most guns are not lethal weapons. They're glorified paper hole
punchers, nothing more. They have the potential to be used as lethal
weapons, but so do toasters. The variable is not the object itself, but
the action of a human being.  Before you criticise the superstitions of
others you really ought to outgrow in your own  animism. Objects are
objects. They have no intrinsic purpose outside of that to which their
human animators put them. A toaster can be a weapon if that is the purpose
to which it is put. A gun can be a paper weight; the one on my desk is the
proof. It can also be a very effective lethal weapon should the occassion
arise, a fact which gives me immeasurable peace of mind. At the moment I
don't need a lethal weapon; I do need a paper weight. But should the
occasion arise that I do need a lethal weapon I'd far rather have one than
not have one. By relying on a gun and not a toaster I don't have to talk
an attacker into standing in the tub while I run it full of water and toss
in the toaster. I feel that this is a wise choice on my part. If you doubt
my wisdom, attack me and see what happens.