-Caveat Lector-

Buchanan 2000
For Immediate Release: Thursday, June 3, 1999

BUCHANAN TO CONGRESS: JUST SAY NO TO MFN

NEW YORK, NY -- Today, Presidential candidate Patrick J. Buchanan
released the following statement:

"For Mr. Clinton to again ask Congress to give China Most Favored Nation
trade status, which means another $58 billion trade surplus for Beijing in
1999, after China deliberately trashed our embassy and held our ambassador
a virtual hostage, represents a low point in American diplomacy.  Mr. Clinton
has shown himself to be not only an incompetent steward of America's
national security secrets, but a derelict defender of her national honor.

"Congress can no longer abdicate its role in shaping U.S. policy toward
Communist China.  Both the House and Senate should move to suspend
Most Favored Nation trade status for Beijing.  A regime that persecutes
Christians, targets missiles on Taiwan, deploys ICBMs against our
homeland, steals our nuclear secrets, and corrupts our elections is neither a
friend nor a 'strategic partner' of the United States.  For our own
self-respect,
the Clinton kowtowing to this brutalitarian regime must stop.

"It is time for the Republican Party to put country before commerce and
cease permitting itself to be perceived as simply the supine PAC of the U.S.
Chamber of Commerce."

For more information contact Bob Adams or John Aquino at (703) 734-2700.

--------------30--------------

Help Pat and the Brigade in our Battle for the White House...
Go to: http://www.gopatgo2000.org/000-v-helppat.html
Spread the word -- forward this email across the USA!
Don't Miss Out - Join the BRIGADE Email List! - Visit:
Official WebSite for Patrick J. Buchanan for President
Web: http://www.gopatgo2000.org
  *** BUCHANAN 2000 ***
P.O. Box 2000, Dunn Loring, VA 22027
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Tel: 1-703-734-2700
WebMaster - Linda Muller - [EMAIL PROTECTED]