-Caveat Lector-

Via NewsMax.CoM

> Sovereignty Matters Oliver NorthJune 18, 1999
>
> WASHINGTON -- Tony Blair, Bill Clinton's new best buddy, was shocked.
> The June European Parliamentary elections seem to have rejected the
> vaunted "Third Way" globalists in the Blair government. The
> conservative Tories overwhelmed Blair's hand-picked Labor Party
> liberals by a margin of 36 percent to 28 percent. This victory is all
> the more significant when you consider that the Labor Party has
> dominated the political landscape of Great Britain since it came to
> power in April 1997. In fact, as Brits went to the polls this month,
> Tony Blair's approval ratings had never been higher, thanks to his
> "leadership" in NATO's Balkan Blunder. But Blair's personal popularity
> wasn't enough to save the day when it came to standing up for the
> Union Jack. For the first time since Margaret Thatcher sent the fleet
> to win back the Falkland Islands in 1981, British sovereignty is a
> major issue in British politics.
>
> This conservative resurgence is based on the simple premise that
> national identity, autonomy and independence are more important than
> the New World Order policies Tony Blair has been espousing since he
> and his liberal Laborites came to power. Whether this sea change in
> British politics will affect their next elections or ours remains to
> be seen. "Third Way" proponents poo-poo the results as nothing more
> than a minor wrinkle in the political fabric. They note that this was
> nothing but an election for delegates to the European Parliament --
> the body theoretically charged with administering the European Union.
> While the liberals have been quick to blame their dismal showing in
> the parliamentary elections on Tory leader William Hague's
> "Euro-bashing," the real issue was whether Britain would retain its
> own identity and sovereignty, or whether Brits would wake up one
> morning in a "Europe First" society. As Hague bluntly put it when
> discussing Britain's ties to the rest of Europe, "In Europe -- but not
> run by Europe."
>
> What Blair's apologists do not want to acknowledge is that many Brits
> are coming to see this conglomeration of Eurocrats as an entity whose
> activities and interests are hostile to the people of the British
> Isles. Among the chief goals of the European Union is the
> establishment of a common currency, the Euro, which would replace the
> currencies of all of the European Union member states. Unfortunately
> for Tony Blair and his globalist allies, a majority of Brits don't
> seem ready to surrender the British Pound.
>
> Why? Because when Great Britain abandons the Pound it gives up a
> significant measure of their national identity. The British people
> have yet to become convinced that handing over their sovereignty to a
> group of continental bureaucrats best known for petty wrangling, gross
> incompetence, and rampant corruption is really in their best
> interests. The choice the Brits face is tantamount to Bill Clinton
> [...]

<<I believe Mr. North was last known as "Lieutenant" Colonel -- the
Colonels do distinguish -- while on active duty.>>

A<>E<>R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
A merely fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled
one is truly vanquished. -Johann Christoph Schiller,
                                       German Writer (1759-1805)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that
prevents us from living freely and nobly. -Bertrand Russell
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Everyone has the right...to seek, receive and impart
information and ideas through any media and regardless
of frontiers."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will
teach you to keep your mouth shut."
--- Ernest Hemingway
Forwarded as information only; no endorsement to be presumed
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material
for non-profit research and educational purposes only.