-Caveat Lector-

On 14 May 99, , Teo wrote:

 -Caveat Lector-

This is a great essay, thanks for posting it!  It seems to me, especially in
light of the Columbine police debacle, that the police are out to get a
paycheck and serve the rich and powerful, not us ordinary Joe's.  We all have
to defend ourselves from criminals AND the police.  If they bust in your door
at 4:00 AM with a warrant they got based upon the word of a drug addict (who
gave your address just to try and get off of a lesser charge) or come to your
house through a "clerical error" I suggest you robustly defend your home and
shoot them.  We'll see how long it is that "no knock" warrants stay in effect
then if they start dropping like flies.  Some police do a good job, but a LOT
of them are PIGS just like they said back in the day.

You may or may not have noticed, in your examination of the media for those nasty
"liberal" values,  but many interesting and exciting movies and tv features  over the
past few decades--including The Fugitive--are based on a version of the plot where
someone is murdered and either the police do nothing or arrest the wrong person.
Then the person who has lost someone to the murderer or the person who has been
wrongly arrested  must (escape and ) solve the case by him/herself in order to either
avoid being wrongly accused and tossed in jail (and/or legally executed)  or find the
real killer.

This is one of the most common plots we have going these days. It would certainly
suggest police incompetence--and/or negligence.
sno0wl