-Caveat Lector-

My mother had a restrictive covenant on her house in Nebraska. It
stated that if any drinking or gambling took place on the property, it
would revert back to the estate of the seller's grandmother, who
originally owned the land on which the house was built. My mother
discovered it during the closing. Her realtor (this was back in the
days before lawyers handled real estate closings) told her that in
order to get it removed, she would have to get a lawyer and go to
court, it would delay the closing, it would be expensive, etc.
Nebraska's liquor laws being what they were (dry Sundays), the fact
that the state had just raised the drinking age to 20 and the fact that
I, then 16, would be living in the house, the request would probably
have been denied. Since it involved behavior, not physical attributes,
it may have actually been enforceable. The realtor also said the title
insurance would cover legal costs if the seller tried to take back the
house. The seller went off to Africa on mission, & I partied quite
hearty in that house, with nary a repercussion. Bush probably felt like
my mother, it was too big a pain in the butt to bother.