FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!                          CONTACT:
                                        Robert Clarkson
                                        864/225-3061

        FEDERAL RESERVE SUED BY NATIONALLY KNOWN
                   CONSTITUTIONALIST

Robert Clarkson, an Anderson, South Carolina Constitutional
advocate, has filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
lawsuit in U.S. District Court in  Washington, DC against the
Federal Reserve System; the Governor and Board of Governors
of the Federal Reserve; and Federal Reserve Banks in Richmond
> and Atlanta. The lawsuit is intended to force the Fed and
its branches to reveal certain documents under the FOIA.

The FOIA, Title 5 United States Code 552, requires Federal
> agencies to produce all documents requested in writing
under the FOIA. Clarkson made a number of written requests
for documents. Federal Reserve officials refused his requests
because they claimed the Fed is not a federal agency.

Documents Clarkson has requested include: a) a list of
> stockholders of the Federal Reserve broken down by race,
creed and national citizenship; b) account of the Fed's
donations to political parties and candidates; c) copy of
the audit of the Fed; d) minutes of meetings of the Open
Market Committee; e) authorization to issue Federal
Reserve Notes; f) documents on losses from foreign currency
transactions.

Clarkson said in a prepared statement: "The purpose of this
lawsuit is to expose the Federal Reserve and bring public
attention to the fact that the Federal Reserve Bank is a private
> institution making vast profits for its private owners.
We will ask the Federal Courts to decide whether the Fed
is covered by the FOIA law and thereby an agency of the
U.S. Government. We expect to lose on that issue, though."

Robert Clarkson is a graduate of Clemson University in
Economics (1969) and of University of South Carolina Law
School (1974).  He served in Vietnam in 1970-71 with the
25th Infantry Division, 22nd Infantry Regiment. He is a
recognized authority on the Federal Reserve and the
Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act.

Clarkson has filed many prior FOIA-PA lawsuits and is
currently suing the Air Force under the FOIA for their
records of their own outrageous political activities.

For information contact Dr. Clarkson at 864/225-3061,
[EMAIL PROTECTED], or Nelson Waller at P.O. Box
2368, Anderson, SC 29622, [EMAIL PROTECTED]