-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 07/21/1999 2:34:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  While the search continues on the ocean floor, commercial
 fishermen out of Menemsha harbor on Martha's Vineyard - where the
 state police dive team launches - are questioning why officials
 have not asked for their help to save time searching the sea bed. >>

This is so typical of our government agencies.  They always consider anyone
who is not blessed by the chief of a government agency as a local yokal who
couldn't possibly know anything.  It's been going on forever.   Anyone who
has ever dealt with them doesn't even try to help.  I'm sure that Sanders
thought they really wanted to know why TWA 800 went down.  He really wasn't
used to our government workers who only trust other government agencies
(although when they look at their own, you'd think they would measure others
by the same yard stick).  Use government maps.  They'll tell you where the
Chinese Embassy is.  Most of you don't remember the D-Day fiasco where they
dropped gobs of soldiers with full pack into water that was way over their
head.  A  lot of those bodies were from the drownings that resulted.