-Caveat Lector-

W E   W I L L   N O T   D I S A R M !

 Notice To All Politicians:

 It is time to speak plainly for the good citizens and patriots of this
 nation who believe unendingly in the Constitution of the United States of
 America.

 Though foreign governments may disarm their subjects, we will not go down
 that road.

 We will not disarm and see our freedoms stripped away.  The lessons of
 history are numerous, clear, and bloody.  A disarmed population inevitably
 becomes an enslaved population.  A disarmed population is without power,
 reduced to childlike obedience to-and dependence upon - the organs of a
 parental state.  A disarmed population will lose-either piecemeal or in one
 sweeping act - those basic rights for which the citizens of America risked
 their lives and fortunes over 200 years ago.

 We Will Not Disarm.  The right to self-protection-the internal directive of
 every living creature, be it mouse or man - is the most fundamental right
 of all.  It is a right that must be exercised against the predators of the
 streets, against the predators hidden within agencies of law enforcement,
 and against the most dangerous predators of all - those to be found in
 government, whose insidious grasping for power is relentless and
 never-ending.

 We Will Not Disarm. Not in the face of robbers, rapists and murderers who
 prey upon our families and friends.  Nor in the face of police and bureau
 agents who would turn a blind eye to the Constitution, who would betray the
 birthright of their countrymen; nor in the face of politicians of the
 lowest order-those who pander to the ignorant, the weak, the fearful, the
 naive; those indebted to a virulent strain of the rich who insulate
 themselves from the dangers imposed upon other Americans and then preach
 disarmament.

 We will not surrender our handguns.  We will not surrender our hunting
 arms.  And we will not surrender our firearms of military pattern or
 military utility, nor their proper furnishings, nor the right to buy, to
 sell, or to manufacture such items. Firearms of military utility, which
 serve well and nobly in times of social disturbance as tools of defense for
 the law-abiding, serve also in the quiet role of prevention, against both
 the criminal and the tyrannical.  An armed citizenry - the well-regulated
 militia of the Second Amendment, properly armed with military firearms - is
 a powerful deterrent, on both conscious and subconscious levels, to those
 inclined toward governmental usurpation's.  An armed citizenry stands as a
 constant reminder to those in power that,  though they may violate our
 rights temporarily, they will not do so endlessly and without consequence.
 And should Americans again be confronted with the necessity of - may God
 forbid it - throwing off the chains of a tyrannical and suffocating regime,
 firearms designed to answer the particular demands of warfare will provide
 the swiftest and most decisive means to this end.

 Any law which prohibits or limits a citizen's possession of firearms of
 military utility or their proper furnishings, provides an open window
 through which a corrupt government will crawl to steal away the remainder
 of our firearms and our liberties.

 Any law which prohibits or limits a citizen's possession of firearms of
 military utility or their proper furnishings, being directly contrary to
 the letter and spirit of the Second Amendment, is inimical to the
 Constitution, to the United States of America, and to its citizens.

 Now-today-we are witnessing the perilous times foreseen by the architects
 of the Constitution.  These are times when our government is demanding - in
 the guise of measures for the common good - the relinquishment of several
 rights guaranteed to Americans in the Constitution, foremost among which is
 the right to keep and bear arms for our own defense.  These are times when
 our government has abdicated its primary responsibility-to provide for the
 security of its citizens. Swift and sure punishment of outlaws is absent,
 and in its place is offered the false remedy of disarming the law-abiding.
 Where this unconstitutional action has been given the force of law, it has
 failed to provide relief and has produced greater social discord.  This
 discord in turn now serves as the false basis for the demand that we give
 up other rights, and for the demand for more police, more agents of
 bureaucratic control to enforce the revocation of these rights.
 Legislators, justices and law officers must bear in mind that the
 foundation of their duties is to uphold the fundamental law of the land-the
 Constitution. They must bear in mind that the unconstitutional act of
 disarming one's fellow citizens will also disarm one's parents, spouse,
 brothers, sisters, children and children's children.  They must bear in
 mind that there are good citizens who - taking heed of George Washington's
 belief that arms are the liberty teeth of the people-will not passively
 allow these teeth to be torn out. There are good citizens who-taking heed
 of Benjamin Franklin's admonition that those who would give up essential
 liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor
 safety-will surrender not one of their rights. Those who eat away at our
 right to own and use firearms are feeding on the roots of a plant over two
 centuries old, a plant whose blossom is the most free, most powerful nation
 ever to exist on the face of this planet. The right to keep and bear arms
 is the tap root of this plant.  All other rights were won at the point of a
 gun and will endure only at the point of a gun.  Could they speak, millions
 upon millions of this world's dead souls would testify to this truth.
 Millions upon millions of the living can so testify today. Now - today - is
 a critical moment in our history.

 Will we Americans passively lie down before a government grown disdainful
 of its best citizens?  Or will we again declare:

 WE are the government, government functions at our behest, and it may not
 rescind our sacred rights?  Will we place our faith in public servants who
 behave like our masters?  Or will we place our faith in the words and deeds
 of the daring, far-seeing men and women whose blood, sweat and tears
 brought forth this great nation?

 Will we believe those who assure us that the police officer will shield us
 from the criminal?  Or will we believe our eyes and ears, presented every
 day with news of our unarmed neighbors falling prey in their homes, on our
 streets, in our places of work and play?

 Will we bow our heads to cowards and fools who will not learn and do not
 understand the lessons of human history?  Or will we stand straight and
 assume the daily tasks and risks that liberty entails? Will we ignore even
 the lessons of this present era-which has seen the cruel oppression of
 millions on the continents of Europe, Asia, Africa and South America-and
 believe that the continent of North America is immune to such political
 disease?  Or will we wisely accept the realities of this world, wisely
 listen to and make use of the precautions provided by our ancestors?

 Will we be deceived by shameless liars who say that disarmament equals
 safety, helplessness equals strength, patriotism equals criminality? Or
 will we mark the words of our forefathers, who wrote in plain language: The
 right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed?

 Let us make known: We will choose the latter option in every case.
 Legislators: Do your duty to your country.  Uphold the Constitution as you
 swore to do.  Do not shame yourselves by knocking loose the mighty keystone
 of this great republic - the right to bear arms.

 Justices: Do your duty to your country.  Examine the origins of our right
 to weaponry and uphold the letter and spirit of the Constitution.

 Lawmen: Do your duty to your country.  Do not be misguided and misused.
 Your task is to serve and to protect-not to oppress, to disarm and to make
 helpless your countrymen.  To the blind, the ignorant, the apathetic, the
 safe and sheltered, these may seem to be concerns of another age.  They are
 not.  They are as vital as they ever have been through history.  For times
 may change but human nature does not.  And it is to protect forever against
 the evil in human nature that the Founding Fathers set aside certain rights
 as inviolable. For these reasons we must now make known:

 We will not passively take the path that leads to tyranny.  We will not go
 down that road.  We Will Not Disarm.

 Author Unknown: ( from Soldier of Fortune magazine, October 1994.)
 -------------------
 "...but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form
 an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the
 liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little if
 at all inferior to them in discipline and use of arms, who stand ready to
 defend their rights..."
 -Alexander Hamilton

**COPYRIGHT NOTICE** In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107,
in receiving the included information for nonprofit research and
educational purposes only.[Ref.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml ]