-----Original Message-----
From: Tinkham, George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 1999 1:13 PM

Last night, I received a story (part of which is repeated below) stating
that Illinois had passed HB 1921 into law.  This House Bill supposedly
authorized police to search vehicles simply because Led Zeppelin stickers
were on those cars.  Because it was sent to me as a true report and not as
an obvious spoof or parody, I researched it for accuracy.  Here is my
findings and analysis:

HB 1921 would have amended the Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act - if
it ever got out of Rules Committee (where it is now), got passed, and was
signed into law.

Only two bills regarding vehicular searches were proposed in Illinois this
past year.  Both of them would have limited what police can now do and would
not have taken away privacy of highway users.  Neither of the bills passed.

The section referenced in the Criminal Code does not exist.  Also, I have no
idea of what "ZOSO" means.

I cannot imagine either Attorney General Jim Ryan or Governor George Ryan
saying the things that were attributed to them.  That is one of the things
that tipped me off that this was probably a hoax.

You should be aware that this is a hoax.  I want to encourage you to notify
everyone to whom you sent the original message that this story is a hoax and
should not be taken seriously.

Sincerely,

George W. Tinkham
Assistant Chief Counsel
Illinois Department of Transportation
(217) 785-4281
-------------------------------------- 1st paragraph of hoax story
-----------------------------------

  SPRINGFIELD, IL--With the state legislature's passage of a bill last
  week allowing police officers to cite Led Zeppelin bumper stickers as
  probable cause for a vehicular search, Illinois became the 13th state
  to recognize classic-rock-related automobile decorations as grounds
  for waiver of a warrant.

***********************************
Lloyd Miller, Research Director for A-albionic Research (POB 20273,
Ferndale, MI 48220), a ruling class/conspiracy research resource for the
entire political-ideological spectrum.  Quarterly journal, book sales,
rare/out-of-print searches, New Paradigms Discussion List, Weekly Up-date
Lists & E-text Archive of research, intelligence, catalogs, & resources.
 To Discuss Ideas:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://msen.com/~lloyd/
  For Ordering Info & Free Catalog:
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://a-albionic.com/formaddress.html
  For Discussion List:
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   text in body:  subscribe prj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 **FREE RARE BOOK SEARCH: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> **
   Explore Our Archive:  <http://a-albionic.com/a-albionic.html>
Every Diet Has Failed!  What Can I do?
Click Below to "Ask Dr. Kathleen"!
http://www.radiantdiet.com/cgi-bin/slim/deliver.cgi?ask-1364