-Caveat Lector-

The Parable of the Clock

Two men, one a devout CHRISTIAN and the other a confirmed ATHEIST, having
argued heatedly over spiritual matters on several previous occasions, decided
that the matter must be decided in a gentlemanly fashion- viz, a duel to the
death.

A meeting was arranged for six o'clock that very evening at a lonely outcrop
in the nearby desert. At a quarter-till six, the ATHEIST rode up on a foaming
Equus equus, dismounted, and seated himself on a rock. Time passed, and the
ATHEIST became impatient, then bored. It was after midnight when the dozing
ATHEIST was awakened by a spritely whistling. It was the CHRISTIAN, tripping
lightly along, and by the light of the full moon the ATHEIST discerned that
he carried two bulky parcels, one under each arm. The ATHEIST, too
dumbfounded to initiate a meaningful dialogue, was greeted by the CHRISTIAN:

C: Good evening, brother! Been here long?