Star Signs and the Labyrinth.
By: Patrick Geryl and Gino Ratinckx

In September 1996, I first read about the labyrinth in a French translation
of The Book of the Dead. The author, Albert Slosman, had deciphered old
manuscripts in which he had read that the Egyptians had built an enormous
building. This is also where the biggest treasures of all old would be.
Herodotus, father of historiography, had visited it and wrote an article
about it in his book:
'I was there and it is beyond anything you can imagine.
The pyramids [Gizeh] are too majestic for words but still do not compare to
the labyrinth.'

The Greek historiographer Herodotus was amazed when he saw the huge
labyrinth in the fifth century before Christ. It was the administrative and
astronomical centre of Egypt, had two floors, 3000 rooms and probably a
diameter of more than a kilometre.

For centuries, scientists and adventures have searched for the labyrinth
without success. But with his knowledge of astronomy, Gino discovered a
correlation between the Milky Way and the Nile. He immediately saw that the
temple of Dendera had to correspond with the star Deneb in the
constellation Cygnus. One of the turns in the Nile in the area of Dendera
even corresponds exactly with the Milky Way. He further postulated that the
labyrinth had to have a heavenly counterpart: no doubt these were the
Hyades because they formed a labyrinth of stars.

Going from the pyramids that symbolise Orion, the labyrinth then had to be
located in Hawara. To our amazement the labyrinth had been discovered on
the location we had indicated! The excavations had been done 160 years
previously by a German called Lepsius. He claimed the labyrinth was like a
collapsed ruin. This being too much of  coincidence, we decided to leave
for Egypt. We took a GPS (Ground Positioning System) to exactly determine
the position of the temples and pyramids.

Dendera, Egypt, Tuesday 25 March 1997

At the entrance to the temple at Dendera, we met Mohamed Aldawy Barbary,
archaeologist and chief of security. Mohamed confirmed to us that Dendera
had been associated with the star Deneb, as we had postulated.
Simultaneously with our first steps in the temple an overwhelming feeling
hit us. Everything radiated grandeur and power. The day before we had
visited the Valley of the Kings, but it couldn't withstand the comparison
with Dendera.

Here, everything was more mysterious, more enigmatic, more complex, as if a
hidden power was behind it, an unfathomable and deep source of knowledge.
Gino and I were determined to try and unravel it. We looked with
astonishment at the wonderful columns, the exquisite ceilings, and admired
the copy of the zodiacal table - the original is in the Louvre in Paris.

Up on the roof we took the all-important co-ordinates with out GPS. It was
here that Gino first noticed a deviation in the concept. According to his
measurements the zodiac was directed to the north, with a deviation of five
degrees in eastern direction. Since it was a copy it could be a
coincidence. So he decided to measure the south--north axis of the temple.
To his astonishment it also showed a deviation of five degrees in the
eastern direction.

Esna, Egypt, Wednesday 26 March 1997

The first assessment we made was that the temple's level is below the Nile
level. The archaeologist on duty explained that only at that depth was
there solid ground to build on. Because of its low level it suffered from
subsoil water intrusion and that was bad for the conservation of the
hieroglyphs. Since the Egyptians were so keen to keep everything in as
perfect a condition as possible, we concluded there must have been a
special reason to build the temple right here - a reason much more
important than the degree of difficulty of building it there. Soon enough,
Gino found the sign of the star Altair (in Aquila) which again reinforced
our theory. Furthermore, we saw columns similar to the Dendera ones; the
temple was built in the same era, hence the similarities. Other elements of
correspondence are the zodiacal signs and the pattern of the ceilings.
After measuring it, the temple proved to be directed to the north with a
deviation of five degrees to the east. Two such striking deviations could
not be a coincidence!

Gizeh, Egypt, Monday 31 March 1997

We were walking towards the pyramids; it was less than a kilometre from our
hotel. I had read an elaborate description in the book Fingerprints of the
Gods. The previous day I had already had a first taste of it through the
window in our room: grand, mysterious, mystic and an infinite amount of
other descriptions one could give to it as well.

"I bet the pyramids also have a deviation of five degrees," I challenged Gino.

"I won't gamble on this one, cause I already know the answer!"

A few minutes later we stood in front of the largest building on Earth. You
had to see it to believe it. It beats every description I ever read:
'overwhelmed by its grandeur', 'mysterious through its hidden secrets',
'mystic because of its esoteric character'. With the GPS, Gino measured the
corners of the pyramid. When walking from one corner to the other he also
assessed the direction of the pyramid. The result no longer was a surprise
to us: a deviation of five degrees to the east. We noted the same deviation
for the two other pyramids

Determination of the Position

The astronomical knowledge of the Egyptians was impressive, and it was
something Gino could positively prove once we were back home. With the aid
of the positions of the pyramids and temples he tried to calculate
mathematically how they had done it. After an intense search he came to the
conclusion they must have known the perimeter of the Earth perfectly and
they must have been able to calculate the distance to the stars. This is
how he handled the problem: how do I project the position of a star on Earth?

Solution:
1. Freeze the heaven at a certain moment in time.

2. Calculate the distance between the stars and record them in specified
units
    (for instance: royal ell, etc.)

3. Take the centre of the Earth and project the star on it.

4. Take into account a certain scale while making the projection,
     so everything can be re-measured accordingly

5. The projection is three-dimensional, which complicates the work
considerably. And on top of that you have to take into account the angle
between the stars. In order to do this you have to know stereometry and
possess the necessary knowledge to project a point on a three-dimensional
landscape.
Only the finest mathematicians and astronomers can do this nowadays

6. Place the temple on the junction with the Earth. Our measurements prove
they were able to accomplish this and demonstrate clearly that the
Egyptians had incredible knowledge, and can match or even surpass today's
science!

RESEARCH ON LOCATION

Hawara, Egypt,
Wednesday 2 April 1997, 11 a.m.

At high speed the taxi driver hurried his car through the desert. The sun
was burning my eyes. At a distance I could see the Hawara pyramid
appearing. Restlessly I was moving back and forth. Gino pointed at the
building and nodded - that was it. We were rapidly nearing our journey's
objective. We arrived; the landscape was desolate.

Not one tourist could be seen. Three guides and a ticket salesman welcomed
us with open arms. Not one of them spoke English. Luckily our driver could
start the communication between us all. The entrance was sixteen Egyptian
pounds, quite a lot for a pyramid made of clay; but we paid gladly. Two
guides accompanied us. Gino and I put on our hats against the burning sun
and we followed the gravelled path.

One of our guides made wild gestures. He pointed to a bright white pillar,
hardly visible above the sand. The figures of two crocodiles were chiselled
on it. This clearly was a clue that this was the right site. Indeed,
Herodotus mentioned that the labyrinth was located close to the Crocodile
City. Our guides kneeled down right in front of the entrance. They made a
drawing of a pyramid in the sand; they distinguished three layers on it.
Then they pointed to the lower layer and to a stone made of red granite
from Aswan. The use of this type of very hard stone indicated that the
pyramid must have been important. You don't work this type of stone without
good reason.

On top of this layer, the same type of stone was used as was for the Giza
pyramids. And the last layer was made of clay stones, as we already
noticed. I climbed an earth wall, which was right next to the pyramid. Some
twenty metres away, about eight metres deep, I saw the canal running as
Herodotus described it. I was staring into the distance and saw nothing
else but a green oasis in front of me. I could easily imagine there used to
be a lake with beaches. While I was daydreaming I kept on looking around.
Quite soon I was filled with the feeling that we were in the right place.
During my research I had had a similar feeling several times, and every
time it proved to be right afterwards. This time would not be different. My
intuition was too strong for that. The labyrinth was right here! You can
bet on it!

While we went around the pyramid, Gino stopped to measure its position. He
had calculated it theoretically beforehand and to our satisfaction it
matched - only a few metres' difference between the measured values - again
a confirmation of what I suspected.
Hereafter, I give again the main evidences of why the labyrinth must be
located in this place:

1. There is a canal in front of the pyramid, a branch of the Bahr Joessoef
canal. According to Herodotus there used to be a canal connected to the
lake, which was in front of the pyramid

2. Behind the canal is a dip: the oasis of the Fayum. This is where the
lake must have been

3. The position of the pyramid matches exactly the star Aldebaran in the
constellation Taurus. Such a similarity points towards the importance of
the position.

4. Several tops of columns that are sticking above the sand are telling us
that there is more hidden under the surface. These probably stood on the
roof of the labyrinth.

5. The temple was built in the early days of the age of Taurus. When
looking thoroughly at the star sign Taurus, it is similar to the Pleiades
and the Hyades. The region which matches the Pleiades is located too high;
so that possibility is no longer open.
This leaves us with the Hyades. And that's where the labyrinth is!

6. The Hyades contain twelve bright and also a large number of other stars.
The number twelve matches the zodiac. Astronomers call the Hyades a
labyrinth of stars. A further indication is that the Hyades cover five
degrees of the sky, the same number as the deviation measured of temples
and pyramids in relation to the north-south axis.

7. Red Aswan granite was used for the fundament of the pyramid. This points
to the importance of the place as well as to the fact that it protected the
clay stone construction from the water.

8. Two chiselled crocodiles are a clue for the Crocodilopolis, which was
not far from here

9. Lepsius did not go deep enough to find the labyrinth. For this reasons
it is absolutely necessary to start new excavations here. Only in this way
can the enigma of the labyrinth be solved.

End note:
Patrick Geryl and Gino Ratinckx have permission from the Egyptian
authorities to excavate the Labyrinth. Investors can reach Patrick Geryl at
32+(0)3+324 8476(phone 18:00 hrs Belgium time), or 32+(0)3+384 2016(fax),
Gino Ratinckx can be reached by e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or tel:
32+(0)3+230-6811(phone)

This article appeared in a magazine called "Quest",(UK) No9, late 1997
or early 1998.
Since the issues are not dated and the issuance is sporadic its hard to judge

==== continued ====