-Caveat Lector-

Trouble Ahead

Ironically, 20 years ago we were in better shape militarily than we are now.
Today, unfortunately, the fears and concerns of those of us who have had
military experience over a great number of years in a great many different
situations have been absolutely confirmed. I have been honored to serve as
this nation’s commander in chief of the Pacific Fleet, commander in chief of
the Atlantic and the Atlantic Fleet, Chief of Naval Operations, and Chairman
of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I truly cannot remember a time when I have
been more concerned about the security of our country. That remark may seem
strange, considering the history of World Wars I and II, the Korean War, and
the Vietnam War. But it is a statement I will stand behind for the following
reasons.

Since 1812 no war has been fought against a foreign enemy on American soil.
This is a very long time ago. I am an old sailor now, but I know trouble
when I see it, and I see big trouble in Panama, trouble that could evolve
quickly into a conflict in our own hemisphere with worldwide implications.
As I stated earlier, the impending transfer of the Panama Canal to the
Panamanian government, under the circumstances which now exist, amounts to
handing over control of the Canal to Red China, an aggressive, brutal,
expansionist, totalitarian regime that has shown, by word and deed, that it
is our enemy.

China’s penetration of Panama is of utmost significance to the United
States, but the Clinton Administration and its media friends have turned a
blind eye to this dangerous development. In light of what has already become
public concerning Beijing’s massive payoffs to Clinton-Gore and the
Democratic National Committee, and President Clinton’s subsequent radical
changes of policy to benefit the PRC, it is fair to ask if this willful
blindness to so clear a danger is another quid pro quo for Chinese cash.

The Chinese penetration of Panama has been effected primarily through an
entity known as the Panama Ports Company, a front corporation for
Hutchison-Whampoa Limited, a Communist Chinese-controlled company owned by
Hong Kong billionaire Dr. Li Ka-shing. Dr. Li’s business empire has long
been intertwined with enterprises that front for the Communist military and
intelligence arms of the People’s Republic of China. Ten percent of his
Panama Ports Company is owned by China Resources, the commercial arm of
China’s Ministry of Trade and Economic Cooperation.

Two years ago, on July 16, 1997, Senator Fred Thompson (R-TN) was quoted in
the South China Morning Post as stating that China Resources was "an agent
of espionage — economic, military, and political — for China." Shen Jueren,
the Communist official who heads China Resources, and Li Ka-shing are both
partners in the Riady family’s Hong Kong Chinese Bank. Dr. Li is also a
principal in the PRC’s huge China Telecom, and the China International Trust
and Investment Corporation (CITIC), a ministry-level conglomerate with
global assets of $21 billion run by Chinese "princeling" Wang Jun. As
chairman of Poly Group, Wang Jun also serves as the PRC’s main arms dealer
to Communist regimes, terrorists, and rogue states. Nevertheless, Shen
Jueren and Wang Jun, like many other notorious Red Chinese agents bearing
campaign gifts, were welcome guests at the Clinton-Gore White House.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/1999/08-02-99/vo15no16_canal.htm

More .....

Bard