-Caveat Lector-

>" El Monte Assistant Police Chief Bill Ankeny said an explosive
> entry is a standard SWAT procedure and can involve opening a door
> with a battering ram or a round of gunfire. "We throw flash-bang
> grenades. We bust open the doors. You've seen it on TV," Ankeny
> said. "We do bang on the door and make an announcement--'It's the
> police'--but it kind of runs together. If you're sitting on the
> couch, it would be difficult to get to the door before they knock it
> down."

It's time to start eliminating these thugs from all areas of law
enforcement.  I can't think of any reason a local PD would ever
need a
SWAT team.

> he said he
> also emptied his Tijuana bank account of more than $10,000 in
> savings, fearing that the money could be lost to the much-publicized
> computer complications that some people are afraid will occur Jan.
> 1. She showed a reporter the bank receipt for the withdrawal.

I'd be willing to bet my right arm there was no drug investigation at
all.  Someone at the bank told someone in the PD this guy just
withdrew all his money and they cooked up a scenario that would
allow
them to confiscate the money.

Kathleen

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving in words evidence
of the fact." --George Eliot